Chapter XIII

This is a wee bit longer chapter that usual. Enjoy :)

Dedicated to my cousin HazzyStyles

"What makes you think I can't? Or why shouldn't I at least try? Everyone deserves saving." - Harlynn Pierce

Chapter XIII

Popping a cheese chips in my mouth, I continued staring at Ghost. The white cat was seated in front of me, his furry tail neatly curled around his seated form and his mismatched green eyes stared back at me.

I narrowed my eyes and poked out my tongue. Ghost copied my movements.

"Hey, Ghost," I said after a while of the staring contest between human and angel, "I have been wondering for a while, but can you talk in your cat form?" I asked, tilting my head. That would be pretty awesome, my subconsciousness noted with a grin of her own.

Lazily blinking his eyes, Ghost nodded his head.

"Then why don't you?" I asked, arching up my eyebrows.

Ghost yawned and stretched his lean body, laying down on his belly and innocently staring up at me.

I rolled my eyes at his behavior. "Lazy, eh?" I mischievously grinned. "I bet you just can't do it."

Sitting up straight, Ghost glared at me. Even baring his fangs slightly. I shrugged my shoulders, "You're just making up excuses."

"If you don't want to talk though, it's fine," I added. Ghost stared at me doubtfully. "You will eventually."

Making myself more comfortable on the couch in my living room and glanced towards the journal I had placed on the table in front of the television. "Why can't time pass faster?" I muttered under my breath. Feeling Ghost's gaze on me, I looked at him. The cat gave me a bewildered look and he mentioned with his head towards the television, seemingly asking 'Why don't you watch some TV?'

"I'm feeling lazy, Ghost," I replied. Ever since coming back from Ana and Alec's, I pretty much fell face-first into my couch and haven't moved since. "I don't feel like turning the TV on."

Ghost rolled his eyes. It was a weird thing to see, seeing as he's in the form of a cat and all. Giving me a wide grin – reminding me of the Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland – he winked once, before he looked towards the TV. Even from my place, I could see his eyes glow up in a greenish light. The TV sprang on, showing some commercials on whatever channel.

My mouth gaped open and I stared between Ghost and the TV. "Okay, that was awesome," I said. I wish I could do that, I thought to myself. I arched up my eyebrows. "Can you also zap channels with your angel mojo?"

The angel grinned. Focusing his attention back on the TV, his eyes glowed up once more and the channel changed, showing some documentary about the second world war on Discovery Channel.

I nodded to myself. It's not such a bad idea to have an angel in house, my subconsciousness said.

"What else can you do?" I asked, honestly curious. I even forgot the TV.

A lot, a voice said in my head. Musical and gentle. And familiar.

My eyes widened and I gaped at Ghost, who had a triumphant look on his face. "Was that-" I stammered out. Ghost nodded his head.

I jumped up from the couch and pointed my finger at the angel-cat. Ghost looked slightly bewildered from my reaction. "I knew it! I knew you could talk in this form!"