VI: Locked Away

Noah

I wake up groggily.

I had the most interesting dream.

I mated with William.

This whole phantom mate syndrome is quite vivid if you know who they are.

I rose up to a sitting position and found several things wrong:

1) I had a searing pain in my ass.

2) The left hand side of my neck felt like it was throbbing.

3) The dream wasn't a dream, it was reality.

4) I was neither in my room or William's

5) William was no where in site.

6) I was chained to the bed.

7) I was fucking chained to the bed.

My right leg had a short chain on it that only granted me enough mobility to relieve myself and gaze out the single window.

I decided to use the later option because at least then I could see where the hell I was.

I looked out only to find that the rest of the castle was beneath me.

A tower?

I've been locked away in a tower?

I bet anything that it's the east tower in William's wing.

Now that the lust has worn off he should be feeling anger.

"How angry with me can he be?" I think.

"Pretty fucking pissed actually." he says from the doorway.

It takes everything in me to not turn away from the celled window.

"William-"

"Save your excuses. I don't want to hear any of them. Let me speak. How dare you sit there and watch the pain knowing my mate was so close consume me? Do you know how many days I spent bedridden because of that disease? Do you know how much pain I felt?

Then you put your own health at stake when you went through heat and decided to still remain hidden. You do know that it only gets worse over time right?

Imagine the face of shock and disappointment on mother's face when she found out that night."

I could see it and I felt a little guilty, but still refused to turn around.

"Face me dammit!" he snaps and I couldn't help but turn in his direction.

"What would you like me to say? That I'm sorry? That I hold any regrets? Because I don't. Logically I thought that I would be rejected and killed."

He stays staring at me a strange look in his eye.

"We both make fair points. So how about this. I abolish those stupid laws my forefathers gave and you rule by my side."

There are several ways I saw that sentence going, and that was definitely not one of them.

"I'm a stable boy. I barely know anything about politics."

"Really? Because I feel as if the staff would know the most about them. After all, you hear us speaking with one lord and then stabbing them verbally in the back as soon as the leave. Plus my mom has been feeding you her views since you were ten and she's been training you since you turned thirteen."

He got me there. Plus we've already mated, not like I could just decline now.

"Fine."