XLVI: Adoption

On this day (09-16-17) I have reached #4 in paranormal! So thank you all so much, this means the fucking world to me! So to celebrate, here's another update.

-
Noah

I stared at the toppled over man for a moment, still in disbelief. I could feel Art's distress through our bond, and knew he did something wrong, but the sudden excitement had thrown me off.

A nanny and I went looking for the two rascals, her dragging the young lord off to his mother for a proper scolding, while I remained behind to have an intervention with my son.

Now looking at my mate, not the mirror that has been with us to ward off suspicion, before me, I wanted nothing more than to launch myself at him.

William's skin paled during his voyage, his eyes looked tired. The rough seas must have torn away the disguise spell we had designed for him.

He rose to his feet, taking Art up with him as if he was a feather, and walked towards me.

"Maddox, how is James?" I tease.

"In good health, sadly. What of you, Evan. How were things here?"

"Great but this one." I jab my thumb towards Art. "Thinks it's appropriate to act up because his Papa's not here."

With attention negatively turned on him, Artan began to squirm in William's arms, desperately trying to escape.

He recently began his bonding journey with his wolf, who has yet to be properly named, and because of it, his emotions have gone out of whack as their spirits attempt to link for the first time. They are both used to each other physically, but this is a whole other battle. They've begun to fight each other for who gets to be at the foreground of the mind, and this occasion was no different.

His wolf made soft whines, still with Art in human form, calling Chandler to rise to the surface, curious about the pup.

I turn my attention back to William, and see Enzo is in charge as he sets the pup down and begins to lightly verbally scold him on minding his manners and such.

I allow Chandler to take control, watching as he joins his mate, kneeling down to be eye level with the child.

From what I've seen of Artan's wolf thus far, he's head strong. He talked back to Enzo during the scolding, and I have never quite seen the spirit so caught off guard.

Chandler, having less anger management than I, went off on the child, scolding him worse than anything I've ever witnessed, and in my youth, I essentially had two mothers.

The pup looked proper embarrassed and apologetic, and went to his Papa for a reassurance hug.

I found it funny that out of Enzo and Chandler, Chandler was the more intimidating, yet out of William and I it was switched.

Before letting William and I have control back, the two named Artan's wolf Evzan, inspired by the recent cover story most likely.

Soon after we gained our control back, Lord Regan approached us.

"My king, your presence was missed."

"Yes, my apologies. I had business to attend to back at the castle. I swam back as fast as possible, and hope you don't mind I stole the clothes available."

"It's an honor that you have." he reassured William, waving the possible offense off.

That night, to celebrate William's return, we decided to go out to dinner after our visit to the nearby orphanage, .