XX: Cabin

Hello, it's me the author. This is the fluffiest chapter y'all may ever get, so enjoy it.

3215 words, one of the longest yet.

---
Noah

I return the castle only to be met by a very concerned looking William as I return to his wing, realizing I had left the key to his mother's stable in his room.

"My mom told me that you went to the city. Why didn't you tell me?" he questions.

Oh shit, I knew I forgot to do something before I left.

"Oh sorry, it must have slipped my mind. I'll make sure to let you know in the future." I promise, wrapping my hands around his waist looking up at him.

"Good. Did you bring guards with you, because you know how sometimes there are bandits on the loose in the market, and I would hate for you to-"

I kiss him to shut him up and pull away looking him in the eyes.

"I did, and I'm okay. See, no dried blood or anything. Where are all of these worries coming from?" I ask.

"I'm just- It's going to be weird once you're announced. I logically know you can handle yourself, you've proven that but then I think about the what ifs, and I can't lose you. Not now, not ever." he paces as he speaks, his hands shaking.

I grab them, kissing the knuckles and say "I promise I'll bring guards with me whenever I'm outside of the castle. Now, what is this about a cabin?"

"I've- Wait no. You'll have to wait until you get there to see it all. I told Sarah to tell the servants that you weren't to help set up as you'd be leading the horse over there, so no peaking." he shakes his head, realizing my tricks.

"You know I don't like surprises." I pout.

"This one will be worth it, I promise. Samara will be here later to act as a decoy on the horse, then she'll ride it back later on. It will draw some suspicions and make things more obvious."

"You're no fun. If she's here she won't let me sneak over."

"Exactly."

I roll my eyes and make a move to leave the room to show my annoyance but he grabs my arm and pulls me back.

"I need to go to the stables," I whine.

"How are you supposed to do that if you don't have the key?" he questions, dangling the keys above his head.

I glare at him, knowing I'm not tall enough to reach it without hopping, and knowing him he'd switch hands as soon as I came close to taking them back.

"Give them back."

"No. You have to do something for me first."

"Ugh fine. What do you want."

"A kiss."

Simple enough.

I go to give him a quick peck, but he wraps one hand around my waist and the other on my head, pulling me closer, deepening the kiss.

I pull away after a few seconds and give him a playful glare.

"A deal's a deal," I state, the matter of factly.