This Is Love

Chapter 38
Final Chapter
(The next day)
Rachels pov :
We pulled up to the train station and I looked at Finn confused because we were supposed to be going out for lunch.

"Whats going on we have reservations for lunch." I told him.

He looked down as if what he was about to say next would be the hardest thing he would ever have to do.

"Finn , what's going on?" I asked him.

He could barely look at me,

"I'm not going to New York with you. " He said.

My eyes opened widely and I was in shock,

"What?" I asked him.

"I'm not going to New York with you and we're not going to rent an apartment and get married." He told me.

"I don't understand, why are you saying this?" I asked him upset.

"Because the thought of you not being able to reach your full potential by marrying me makes me sick . I need you to be strong Rachel, I wanna do whats best for us , for you and whats best for you is to be on your own." He told me.

My heart shattered into a million pieces.

"Do you not love me anymore?" I asked him.

"Of course I do." He said.

"Then come with me or I'll come with you just tell me where." I said crying.

"Fort Bent in Georgia?" He asked me.

My heart shattered,

"What? You're joining the Army?" I asked him crying.

"I have to redeem my dads name. Plus I knew it would be the only way you couldn't follow me." He said almost in tears.

"I don't understand why are you doing this?" I asked him.

"Do you know how many times I've cried about this? The thought of you being unhappy or resenting me though for making you stay with me kills me. I love you Rachel but you have to have these experiences on your own without me." He told me.

"No , no, not without you Finn. You are my everything and I can't do this without you." I told him.

"Yes you can , because you are a star and I know that if the universe wants us to be together we will be . Somehow , Someway we will find eachother because what we have is love . But I need you to surrender and I know thats hard for you but can you do that with me please? Can you surrender? " He asked me.

"I love you so much." I cried.

He kissed me and said,

"I know."

We sat there for a moment and then got out of the car and he grabbed my bag from the trunk and we went to the train. I looked at Finn one last time and he said,

"This isn't good bye Rachel this is just see ya later." He told me .

I nodded and said,

"See ya later." I said.

"I love you. " He said.

"I love you too." I said and we kissed and then I got onto the train and left.

......
Hey guys stay tuned for a sneak peek of the sequel to this book .
Xoxoxo,
Natalie.