Reach

Edited-7/27/18 12:54 PM

Hey everyone, I know this might not be the update you want but I am going to go through and edit all of the previous chapters and upgrade their quality. I have been meaning to do this for a while now, and I promise once this is done I will get working on a new chapter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer, I do not own any other the characters in Halo Reach or Red vs Blue, all rights belong to their respected companies.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'This is it, I'm sorry.' Noble Six thought to himself as he looked across the devastated landscape that was now the Planet Reach. The newest member of Noble Team had many regrets we was carrying into his final mission, his last stand.

The Hyper Lethal despite the odds had survived for six hours, alone, outmatched, and exhausted against the entire Covenant army. Though having been offered a simple way to escape long ago with the Pillar of Autumn a part of him knew he could not leave. Being a member of Noble Team he felt that his duty was to fight for Reach on Reach until the very end. That was the only thing left that he could do, that would allow him to ease some of the guilt of their death.

However it was not just them, the deaths of his newly found comrades did weigh heavily on his conscience, he felt as if all of Reach was his fault. If he had been better, stronger, faster, then maybe just maybe he could have saved Noble Team, and Reach.

He had remember Jorge's last words right before he selflessly sacrificed himself to save Noble Six and thinking he was about to save Reach. 'Tell them to make it count' were the words that rung in Noble Six's mind on an infinite loop. He had tried, tried to make Noble Five's death mean something, all of their deaths, the billions upon billions of people that had died, he tried to make sure their deaths weren't in vain, he tried to win. But those hopes burned away with Reach and all that was left, was him. Noble Six, the lone wolf.

He looked down and opened his hand, to see the lifeless metal dog tags that laid in his palm. That was all that he had left, just their names and memories.

Jorge 0-52
Kat B-320
Carter A-259
Emile A-239

All of his fallen comrades, but one. Noble Three, Jun.

Noble Six's final hope, he had broken away from the team being ordered to escort Dr, Halsey to Castle Base. Six clung to the idea that Jun was still alive. He would be the one to tell their legacy, he would be the one that told their story and make their deaths mean something. Something more than Six could ever do.

Despite that, Jun was a good man. He never believed in hating the enemy. He fought and protected, but never hated. He did his job and killed when he was told, but when asked how he felt about the Covenant he simply said 'I kill the enemy, but I do not hate them.' That was something Noble Six understood quite well. All this time, he bared no emotions towards his enemies, human or alien. He did believe that he was fighting for the right side, he just did as he was told, No questions.

However, if anyone deserved to get out, to see the UNSC win over the Covenant, it was Jun. Really, it was any of them. They all fought equally hard, they all deserved that chance. And yet, who was left? The one that didn't deserve it the most, the Lone Wolf.

Six's hand turned into a fist, holding the metal dog tags tightly. He would do his best to fight for them. He wouldn't give up and he would die like a Spartan should, fighting. That was the best he could offer them, not giving up.