"I Trust you."

So, guys, I'm back after posting the last chapter about a week ago and we went from 900 reads to 1k. That is crazy, so anyway, a couple people have been asking about a pairing and there will be a pairing. So for the 1k reads there will be a hint at the pairing in this chapter, like almost right at the beginning. So anyway guys thanks again. Let's get right into it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Six never in all his life believed in second chances. Six believed that you had one shot at anything, make it or break it. However, Carolina standing in front of him made him rethink his beliefs.

Carolina was a person that Six thought of often. Six always thought about what he could have done to save her. Out of everyone in the Project she was the one Six wanted to save the most. Carolina's death weighed heavily on his shoulders and seeing her here now was almost too good to be true. All Six could do was stare at Carolina as she and Wash talked about the Spartans.

"Carolina-" Six said finally speaking up.

However, that one word did something that Six didn't think was possible. That one word sounded unprofessional and had hints of emotions that as a Spartan Six was taught to ignore. That one word tore down the very structure of his Spartan training and military background.

The very things that got branded into Six's mind and soul. The only one that seemed to notice the shift in Six's posture, if only for a moment was Rosenda.

Six realizing that Rosenda was looking at him was able to finally regain his Spartan composure and push down whatever feelings he had just felt.

Six didn't know why that had just happened, but Six had an idea. What happened to Carolina in the Project was in Six's eyes his fault. Six had entered the Project. Pushed Carolina to far and in the end, let her die. She was one of Six's biggest failures and regrets. But of course the first would be Reach and Noble team.

Everyone that died when Six could have saved them was his fault and his alone. Six wasn't strong or fast or skilled enough to save them and that is why he always ran alone.

Six was always the best out of Beta company which separated him in itself. When Six was first paired with a team he believed at first it wasn't so bad. But after the first mission, after he was the only one left. He carried that with him and still does. Just like Noble team, just like Reach and just like Carolina. But now he would be able to right his wrong and keep her safe. Keep her from turning out like they all did, dead.

"-one of the best agents in Freelancer. Everyone thought you were dead." Six said in his usual Spartan voice. More calm, collected and calculated.

"And who are you?" Carolina asked.

"I am Spartan B-312 or Noble Six. I'm the commander of this strike team." Six said

"You're the squad leader?" Carolina asked

Six didn't respond but instead gave Carolina a nod.

"You came to help us find the Director?" Carolina asked.

"Yes, that's our mission." Six said

"Alright, we can use as much help as we can get. Especially from two Spartans. Wash finish your sweep of the base, I'm going to talk to the Squad leader see if we can come up with our next move." Said Carolina

"On it boss." Said Wash walking away.

"Rosenda I want you to load up for a long trip pack the gausshog." Said Six

"On it L.T." Said Rosenda walking towards the SABER.

"Walk with me this way Noble Six." Said Carolina