Short- The Match

Hey everyone, welcome to another short. This will be probably one of the last ones. The main canon will begin on chapter 30. Totally planned that, not really. But, yeah the main canon will start. The next chapter will take place a bit before and things will pick up, a lot. I wanted to thank everyone for the support, when I started this story 11k reads didn't seem possible, well being a writer didn't seem so either. Now I have two more stories that are also gaining their own attention and I have this story to thank. Now before I start this chapter I have to rant a bit so bold will be that read if you want.

Now this rant is mostly about the whole Carolina and Wash thing. Seriously hate this pairing, I also think the moment that these two had in episode 10 of the new season made ZERO sense whatsoever, in a romantic way. Now I see people making videos and such saying Carolina and Wash are a thing now and personally that's not how I took that moment, but it's definitely how RT wanted you to take it. This pairing is absolutely stupid for a couple reasons. Now I know some people ship these two and that's fine, but the way they are being ship, if at all, in the series pisses me off and honestly makes me think RT is literally pissing on these characters. Wash, since the beginning of Project Freelancer was set up as a little brother figure to the other Freelancers. Always looking out for him, messing with him and what not, even Carolina did it in one episode. So this two being together makes me sick for the obvious reason that I see Wash as a little brother to the other Freelancers, Carolina included, so it reminds me of incest and that's so not okay. Two, just because these two are the only surviving Freelancers, or so far, doesn't mean they automatically get chemistry. Two characters must have chemistry to work together, rather that be a past or moments they shared, something! Though Carolina and Wash do have a past, their past consisted of them being close friends! Not romantically involved. Throwing these two characters together now makes it seemed rushed and force and I simply hate it. Also, the moments they shared so far in the series are little and pass as being friends, nothing being suggested other wise. Pairing because they are the lone survivors of Freelancer is like saying, Oh Six you lost your team too? Wanna bang? Makes no sense, has no context and it utterly stupid. Three, I feel that these two being thrown together now is RT simply saying that they have no one else to pair these characters with, so fuck it why not just pair them. No! There are other ways to deal with this! Like I said doing it this way is lazy and forced and I hate it, introduce new characters! Who cares if the sole purpose of these characters are to have love interests with the Freelancers, as long as they have some good qualities as characters I have no problem with it! Just don't rush it or force it! But, having a new character and be paired with them would be better than this rushed garbage that we are getting now. Another reason, Wash knew York! Oh, you're dead now buddy totally gonna bang your crush! What! I think Wash would have a bit more respect for his dead friend than that! Also, not to mention Carolina isn't easily seduce, I mean York had the most and best chemistry with her, in the series romantically, and they didn't even date! Yeah true Carolina was more focused on Freelancer, but still come on! RT there are better ways! Better ways! So to end this off NO that moment will not be here in this story and NO Wash and Carolina will not be a thing, if that some how made it in here I would so have Six murderer Wash. RT, if you are some how reading this, don't be dumb.
Anyway, this is my personal opinion, if you ship these characters that's fine, but the way RT is doing it in the series is dumb.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carolina slowly walked to the glowing cave with the small dock. Her eyes glanced at the spot at which her and Rhode had that conversation not to long ago. She figured that now that he had a whole army to command and lead he had a lot to think about.

She would see him here often, standing on the dock and looking out into the cave. His body language not giving any hints to what he was thinking about.