Split

So, everyone, I know this chapter is a lot late. But superbowl weekend was here and to say that I was upset with the outcome is an understatement. I didn't like either teams but I didn't want the Pats to win. My team lost to the falcons in the playoffs so I was kinda happy they lost. Anyway, a little chapter introducing the start of a new arc.

The timing of this chapter may seem a little off. The beginning of this chapter will be set a little after the last chapter. Has the chapter progresses towards the end, it will be set towards the middle of season 11, just before Carolina shows up. That will be explained later.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a small forest on a small planet on the edge of space, so far out that not even the UNSC knows it's there, walks two lone figures in the dark and in the rain. One was going on and rambling on about one thing and then another changing the subject every sentence. He wore a scout helmet with black as the armors primary and orange has its secondary. He walked with a certain cockiness.

His partner, on the other hand, was just ignoring the other one walking forward. He stood straight up and held his gun tightly. He wore locus armor with black as the armors primary and green as its secondary.

"So I'm just saying, why can't we just sneak off for a bit go party or something." The one with orange said.  

"We have a mission. Orders are orders and soldiers follow orders." The one will green said

"Oh, it's always 'Orders are orders.' Blah blah. Why are we even out here?" The orange one said

"Command said a ship was caught trying to leave the planet. We were told to investigate and take back anything useful." The one with green said

"Ugh, that sounds so boring." The orange one commented

"You should be more worried about what we could find at the ship." The green one said

"Whatever, I can handle anything on that ship." The one in orange said

"Just focus on the mission." The one in green said.

The two walked through a thick line of trees to see a small clearing. The surrounding trees were either on fire, broken, or bent over. The area leading to the broken ship was scorched. The actual ship was barely holding together.

The small ship was nearly broken in two, and on fire. It was in such bad shape you couldn't tell which side was the front and what side was the back. On top of that, the entire ship was on its side and the cockpit windshield was completely shattered and the controls on the inside where sparking and destroyed.

"Holy shit! This is literally the worst fucking crash I have ever seen. Oh my god. Haha." The one in orange said while laughing.

"Focus Felix. Look for anything useful. I've never seen a ship like this before." The one in green said

"Oh come on Locus! Look at that, there is no way anything useful could-" The one named Felix joked but was cut off by some moving.

Both Locus and Felix pointed their guns towards the noise. Locus moved towards the spot with his SAW ready. Locus looked down towards a pile of metal. Just before Locus was about to move the metal when it flipped over showing a person with black armor crawling out of the pile.

The person's black armor was destroyed and bloody. He had a decent sized piece of metal sticking out of his abdomen. The person looked up with a cracked visor, one of his brown eyes looking up at Locus. Blood dripping from his forehead coming over his eye. The man reached down with his left hand and pulled a pistol out lifting it up.