The Sirens

Welcome back! I know it is way earlier than last time! But I am here to bring you another chapter. Hopefully it is as good as the last. Thank you all for the support! I will try my best to continue bringing this story to you guys and moving it forward! Now then! On to the chapter!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Flash Back. . .Many Years Before Project Freelancer Second Wave. . .)

"Welcome to Project Freelancer."

Those very words were signs, sirens before the storm, ones the indicated that the life that everyone knew before getting on that ship, was over. No longer were they known by the names their Mothers and Father gave them, now. . .now they were Agents. Agents of Project Freelancer. And this, this was their home.

Keeping his head facing forward, Indiana watched the Director carefully. He knew the proper way to stand at attention, face forward, back straight, and emotionless. That was what he was taught in basic during his training to become an ODST. However, there was something else he learned. Not during his training to become an ODST, but his time spent being one.

He learned that even in situations where you are guaranteed someone to watch your back, you must be careful. Watch every move, take note of every spot they stepped, every signal they gave you. That was the key to surviving, and his very ideals he held to become a tracker, a spotter, and a hunter. This Director, this Project, there was so many unknowns. However, he was ordered here, and he would complete his mission, whatever that was.

Before the new Agent could think anymore on it, the voice of the Director spoke once more. Looking over to the tan man beside him. "This man here is your Counselor, you may address him as so. He will be tasked with taking care of your equipment, mental health, and training exercises. Any and all questions concerning all those things will go to him. . .Further more, he will be taking over this introduction. Our first official brief will be held four days from now. That should give you enough time to settle yourself on the ship and gather your equipment. The Counselor will dismiss you. . .I look forward to working with you Agents." The man known as the Director said. All Agent raised their hands in salute as he walked off the small stage. Looking at the tan man besides him, the attention was officially shifted to him.

The man looked rather calm, however their was a slight emotionless face or attitude he held. He seemed to be watching them, scanning them, and analyzing them. It made Indiana rather uncomfortable, and gave him a weird uneasy feeling. "Hello, Agents. . .I am the Counselor. I am here to help ease you into your transaction. If you have any issues feel free to come to me so I may help." He said, his voice calm and rather soft. He didn't seem to have an edge or empowering tone of voice. . .Just, calm.

It was somewhat strange to have a higher up, or at least in this case, a counselor specifically focused on the soldiers mental health. True there were indeed steps within the UNSC that took such things into consideration, but Indiana couldn't help but feel this man was there to do more than just. . .'Help them with their issues'. He also didn't like the fact that someone would be analyzing them, getting to know them, and putting it all on file. What purpose could knowing the ins and outs of their mental health do for them? Interesting. . .

"We have a very simple day today. You will be instructed to come aboard this Cruiser, code named, the Mother of Invention. There you will obtain your Project Freelancer armor, get access to your dorms, and officially settle in. We want to make sure that your transaction to life within Project Freelancer is easy and harmless. . .Within those packets, given to you before you arrived, you should find a map that will lead you to your first objective. After getting your armor, your HUD will explain the rest. I look forward to working with you all." The Counselor said before he nodded his head with a smile. Clutching a tablet in his arms as he motioned for our dismissal.