Preparing For War

Hello everyone and welcome back to the main story! Now, for those of you wondering, yes those shorts are canon for this story. I just called them shorts because they didn't meet the full chapter length of 5k words. So those shorts will be mentioned or events in those shorts will have parts in the relationship of the characters, more specifically, two characters. Still, I'm sticking with Sixalina, CarSix doesn't sound right, but it's whatever you guys decide. Anyway, let's get into it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Far away from the current Base of Operations for the NCA was the Base of Operations for two certain mercenaries and their group of soldiers. This base was hidden away from the rest of the world and fortified with the best weaponry money could buy.

Currently, inside that base, the same two mercenaries were having a very heated conversation with their employer, the Chairmen.

"Gentlemen, the past couple of weeks for this Operation have been nothing but a letdown. It took many of my resources to make the Cain A.I and you let them destroy it. Not to mention we lost control of the only person on this planet that could singlehandedly take down this entire Operation!" Came the angered voice of the Chairmen through the speaker of the main computer in the base.

"Chairmen, I think you're over reacting. That Spartan isn't that big of a deal, I'm sure-" Felix started saying before the Chairmen cut him off.

"No, you are being completely ignorant if you think you stand a chance against that Spartan! He is one of the two most deadly soldiers in the entire UNSC and possibly any militarized organization!" The Chairmen said as his frustration could be heard through out the entire room.

It was time for Locus to step in and speak up. "I agree," He said his deep voice echoing through out the room. "What has happened already is a result from us underestimating our opponents. Now, they have stopped fighting each other and become more structured with their military. We lost two huge advantages already, we can't afford to lose anymore." Locus said tactically analyzing the situation.

"Or do I need to remind you what is at stake if we manage to fail this operation?" The Chairmen once again spoke up, directing his statement to Felix.

"No, no I get it." Felix said as he waved his hand through the air and turned around and sat down on a storage container in the room.

"Good, in about a month we will be raiding a prison transport cruiser for more troops. In the meantime, I have decided to bring in some more help, someone that can help us deal with our Spartan problem." The Chairmen said and as if on queue the door to the room opened.

(A/N using Halo 5 armor to describe this person. Also, the picture up top is what his armor looks like, however when I say scanner visor I mean the thing that goes over the helmet visor. I know in the game that addition doesn't go up, but in Halo lore it does, so he can put the scanner visor up for when he isn't in combat.)

A male wearing Nightfall armor and a scanner helmet walked into the room. The additional scanner visor was in an upward position rested on the front of his head showing the blue helmet visor underneath. His armor was black with dark blue highlights.

"So, you're who I'll be working with?" He asked as he walked up to the group of two mercenaries. His voice was serious, but not totally emotionless. If one had to compare his voice was in between Locus' and Felix's. His voice had more emotion in it than Locus but was more serious than Felix.

"Gentlemen, meet your new partner. He will be assisting you in completing this operation."The Chairmen said as both mercenaries looked at the new arrival.