War Clock.

You wanna hear excuses as to why  I haven't updated or do you want to read? I think you want to read, enjoy the very very very overdue chapter into bigger things. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beep. Beep. Beep. 

"Hey. . .Wade come on. . .We're here." 

Slowly light returned to the figure's eyes. Once black and lifeless, now slowly opening to let in the wave of light that came with the outside world. The man, sitting in a seat of a Pelican brought his head back from the wall behind him and blinked a couple times. Raising one hand, he did a quick stretch before rubbing his eyes.

The once sleeping man, probably in his early 20's or so, opened his eyes to focus on the one that had awoken him. Standing in front of him with a smile was a man around the same age. He had blonde hair, dirty blonde to be exact, and greenish blue eyes. He nodded his head to see that his friend was awake before turning to his bag and rummaging through it. Checking his belongings to make sure everything was in order. 

The sleeping man, now known as Wade, unbuckled the seat belt that straped him in tightly to the chair. Standing up a bit sheepishly and going to his own bag. The Pelican that they were currently in was void of any and all other people, the pilot not including. The small ship shook and shifted with turbulence, a common event that both men were accustomed to. 

As Wade looked into his back, finding all the objects and small things he had placed in there before the ship had taken off. Zipping the duffel bag closed once more, he threw it over his shoulder turning to face his companion once more. 

"We're here already?" Wade asked, still a sleepy as he adjusted his armor that he was wearing. 

It was standard orbital drop shock trooper gear or ODST for short. Black in color, and light for movement, it had been both Wade's and his friend's standard uniform for quite some time. Neither of them having enough time to switch out of it. At this point, it was what they were most comfortable with.  

"Yeah dude, you were sleeping for a good couple hours. I'm assuming it was that last overnight patrol we did before we left?" His friend asked. Following in Wade's footsteps as he zipped his bag up and threw it over his own shoulder to turn and face his friend. 

Wade was a young man, with dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. His haircut somewhat short on the side with it being a bit longer on the top. A different version of the standard buzz cut that all ODST soldiers were forced to wear upon their heads. 

Looking over to the seat that he was sitting next to, Wade grabbed his ODST helmet. Placing it on his side and snugging it into place with a satisfying click. The HUD came online, showing all the necessary information that was needed for a trooper within the helmet. Turning to face his friend once more, Wade spoke underneath the helmet, his voice not very muffled and projected out of his helmet rather clearly.

"Guess so, I really didn't feel that tired at first. I just must have fell under, I was never really good with long rides." Wade said as he watched his friend and partner place his own helmet onto his head. This time his voice being projected into their helmets through the radio or comms that they were connected to.

"Even when we were kids, you were also the first one to pass out in the car. You always paid for it too." The other man said as his tone sounded a bit smug. If it wasn't for the helmet a teasing but also joking smile could be seen on his face. Of course, Wade knew it was there at this point after he had brought up their childhood memories.

"Yeah yeah, you mean like the time you drew on my face? Or ate all my snacks I packed? Oh wait, I forget about the time you texted my girlfriend and almost convinced her I was cheating on her." Wade said with a very sarcastic tone, under his helmet rolling his eyes at his friend's antics when they were kid's. Of course, he was no different, for every time a prank was pulled on him he had to come back at him somehow.