Chapter 3

Getting ready the next day proved to be difficult. 

She had made up her mind about Elijah the day before. She had swore off men and she would keep her word, that meant she had to avoid Elijah at all costs. 

Though, she found herself in front of her mirror trying to find the right outfit and hairstyle. It took 12 hours for the stew to actually be done so she got up early and got ready while Jenna was downstairs stirring in the stew when needed while she'd get ready. She didn't want to dress up but he was still a guest and she was a host so she needed to look presentable. 

Finally, she settled on a burgundy dress with lace up heels and she wore her hair up in a fishtail braid. 

Content with her look, she went to her son's room and got him ready as well. With him behind her, she went down the stairs and took over from Jenna and told her to get ready as well. 

Elena was out with Damon and Jenna was about to leave with Alaric, also John had already left which made her happy. That happiness lasted until Jenna told her that she wouldn't be home to eat as Alaric had offered for them to eat in the Grill. 

"I'll be alone with Elijah?" Elexis asked, stirring it. 

"Jup, I'm even taking Henrik of your hands." Jenna said with a mischeivous gleam in her eyes. 

"Jenna-" 

"What? You like Elijah, I'm fairly certain he likes you as well, I'm giving you an empty house. Jer will be with Bonnie, Elena with Stefan and Damon, and I'm quite sure Caroline will be with them as well and I'll be with Alaric, tonight I'm sleeping at his, so you know." 

"Okay, I may like Elijah but I won't act on it, Jenna, know that." 

"Why not?" Jenna asked. "Is it because of Blaine? You know, not every man is like him." 

"I know that but you also know I swore off men to protect Henrik." Elexis said. 

"Oh, come on! You've seen Elijah with Henrik yesterday. They love each other, that's clear. Now, I want you to enjoy tonight and I want to hear details tomorrow." 

With a sigh, Elexis agreed and let the two go with a heavy heart. She went back to the stove and returned to her food. 

Finally, around eight in the evening, she was done with the food and was dishing it on the plates when the bell rang. "Coming!" 

She hurried to the door and let Elijah in. "Hi. Just so you know, we're alone tonight, I hope you don't mind." 

"No, I don't mind at all. It smells delicious here." He said with a smile before offering a bottle of wine. "Here, I heard it goes well with your dish." 

She looked at the ettiquette. "Yes, it does. Please, have a seat." 

He sat down as she poured them both a glass and gave it to him as she put the finishing touches on the food. It didn't take long before she put the plates between them. Dinner was starting with an awkward silence before Elijah broke it. 

"This is delicious." He complimented. 

"Thank you, that is very kind of you to say." Elexis said with a soft smile. 

"I'm stating nothing but the truth." Elijah said. 

Elexis scoffed. "Sure." 

"No, I am speaking the truth. I've eaten this dish twice before but this does taste the best." Elijah said. 

With a blush, Elexis looked down. "Thank you." 

After dinner, he helped her wash the dishes, with soft music playing on the background.