Chapter 5

"Hello, love." 

Scared as hell, Elexis jumped up and turned around. Her eyes widened as she saw Elijah standing by her window- her open window.

With a frown, she tried to remember when she opened the window. After a minute she couldn't remember when and came to the conclusion that Elijah must have forced the window. 

Walking past Elijah, she closed the window and turned to him with her arms around her. "What are you doing here?" 

"I see you've got my gifts?" He asked, nodding at the boxes on her desk. 

"That isn't an answer." Elexis snapped. 

"I thought it was obvious why I was here. By now the dreams have to have increased. Haven't they?" Elijah asked, cocking his head to the side. "With what you know about soulmates now, you can't tell me you haven't figured it out yet."

"Oh, I have. I know that we're soulmates. I know that, but I don't think you-"  

"I what?" 

"You left me! I told you what happened and you left me! For the first time ever since it happened I was actually ashamed of what happened! You made me feel ashamed!" Elexis yelled. She was the only one home, except for Henrik who slept, and Jenna had left. John was out, Elexis didn't know where and quite frankly, she didn't care. 

"That was-" 

"Not what you wanted, right? Well, it happened anyway." Elexis snapped. "I want you gone, now." 

"Elexis-" 

"Now, Elijah, I won't repeat it. Out. You can use the door, no one's home." Elexis said as she walked to the door and opened it for him. 

He walked by her as he stepped outside of the room. He stopped right outside and turned to say something to her but she closed the door in his face. With a sigh, she left the door and went to the window to see if it was locked. Satisfied, she walked to her bed and went to sleep. 

Waking up, the next morning, she noticed a card on her nightstand. Sitting up and taking her glasses, she took the card and read it aloud. 

"Dear Elexis, my sincere apologies for making you feel ashamed about what happened. It was not my intention to do so. When I left, it wasn't because I was disgusted but because I was angered. Why would it happen to someone like you? Why did it happen to an innocent person like you? I didn't want to scare you so I left and in the woods I took my anger out on a couple of trees. When I returned, your door was closed and I saw you asleep. After that, it seemed as if you were ignoring me and that broke my heart, it was why I was so irritated today." Elexis mumbled with a frown. "I'm sorry about making you feel the way I did, I apologize again. Your love, Elijah."

With a sigh, she dropped the card and started getting ready for the day. Looking at the clock, she saw it was already 8 o'clock. She was sure that Henrik was already up, despite it being Sunday. 

After 15 minutes, she emerged from the bathroom in a white strapless dress with a Jean shirt to cover her arms, tied under her chest, white Converse on her feet and a black leather bag. Looking at the boxes on her desk, she took the bracelet she had gotten from Elijah that had all the charms she had already put on them. Twirling it around her fingers, she put it around her wrist. 

Sighing as she looked at the other boxes, she slumped a bit down and frowned at them. What to do with them? She didn't know what to do with them, did she give them back or accept them? She couldn't see Elijah taking the gifts back, but she didn't want to keep them either, they were way too expensive. All of them were first editions.