Chapter 8

A lot of dreams like that passed. It was over three weeks before he stopped reaching out to her and when she tried to reach out to him, she only reached darkness. Nothing and that got her worried. 

He visited both her and Henrik frequently and from what she heard, he had been bugging Elijah about a sibling. He understood that he couldn't have a real sibling from Elijah but it's been a while since he started asking his mother about having a sibling. Henrik asking about a sibling resulted into the two of them having a very long and serious talk about that. 

After that talk, Elexis had burried herself in spells whenever she could and finally found a spell that could possibly work. It was a fertitility spell that worked on the undead. It was never proven to work but they had agreed to try it. As soon as he was awake. 

That day came sooner than she anticipated yet it came later than she wanted. 

Three long weeks all she did with Elijah was communicate through dreams, dreams that weren't even long enough to really do anything other than a few kisses and small talk- well except for the conversation about children and Henrik getting a sibling- and it wasn't enough for her. 

Finally the day came that she saw Elijah again. She had been cooking in his shirt again while Henrik was with a family that she had known for a long time just outside of town. School had been over for him for a few days- they had a longer weekend- when she heard that Niklaus Mikealson had been in town. Wanting to keep him safe, she had agreed to let him go on a holiday with them. The day after the next, he would return to her and it was necessary. She was missing him like crazy, even after 8 days. She was happy he would be there to be see her graduate in 3 days.

She was dancing in a pair of Jean shorts and his shirt when she heard it. It was only 5 in the evening but she was starting on dinner when a throat was being cleared behind her. 

Thinking she imagined it- after all, who could be there? No one knew where the apartment was where she resided- she didn't turn around and started on cooking again. When the same sound was there again, she did turn around and felt her eyes widen. 

"Elijah!" She breathed before running to him and embraced him just like the first time he had reached out to her in a dream. 

"My love." He said in the same husky tone, breathing in her scent. "Oh, how much I've missed you. I am glad to have you in my arms again, for real this time." 

"I am as well." She pulled back and looked in his eyes before kissing him. 

He pulled her closer to him and kissed her back with the same passion. Keeping their lips locked, he picked her up and put her on the kitchen counter. Locking her hands around his neck, she pulled him a bit closer again to feel him against her as if she still couldn't believe he was here. 

Pulling back breathless, Elijah caressed the side of her head again while looking in her eyes with a smile plastered on his face. 

"Is Henrik..." He didn't finish his question because she knew what he meant. 

She nodded. "He's still with the Braxton's." 

With a predatory look on his face, he smirked at her before crushing his lips back on hers. With their lips locked, he picked her up again and flashed through the apartment into his bedroom. He dropped her on his bed, effectively breaking their kiss.  

"Will you- do you think that we- you- could do the spell?" Elijah asked, breaking their connection. "I want to-" 

"I want that as well, I thought I made that clear. I'll do the spell." Elexis agreed before taking the spell she had put on the side.