Chapter 11

Nearly four months had passed since her Graduation and her world never stood still. 

A few days after her Graduation, she got word that the sacrifice would take place. Sending her son with her parents, she helped Elijah and Bonnie with magic. Ever since then there were people she hadn't seen ever since. 

Last time she saw Stefan was two days after the sacrifice. He came back at Prank Night, where she was but she left before she could see him. From what she heard he had switched of his switch and now doesn't have any emotion anymore. 

Last time she saw Niklaus was her Graduation. She didn't see him the night of the Sacrifice because she didn't go with Bonnie to the square. Despite him being a 'psycho' she did miss him because although they had talked for two minutes about being bastard children, she knew he understood her in a way no one else could. 

 Last time she saw Elijah was at the night of the sacrifice. She has been missing him terribly as she couldn't even contact him, something changed in their connection and she didn't like it. There was no way to contact him now but she knew he was daggered and she had such great news to share. 

The spell had worked. She was pregnant with his child. 

By now she was already three and a half months along, into her second trimester. 

Walking out of the hospital with Henrik at her side late at night, she didn't expect the sight before her. 

Elena, a great friend to her, was being pinned against her car by Rebekah. 

Rebekah was someone who had been in town when she was still in New Orleans with Henrik. His schoolyear started later so she stayed a bit longer in NOLA as she had spent a lot of time in Ireland as well with her family. 

Not one day of the summer vacation had been spend in Mystic Falls. 

The moment she knew Elijah wasn't coming back- and Henrik's school was over for the year- she packed their stuff and left for Ireland. Curtesy of being a billionare's daughter she didn't have to book a flight because she could just hop on my private jet and fly us to wherever she wanted. 

She spent nearly two whole months in Ireland, where she had found out she was pregnant. When the time came to get a checkup, Elexis went to the doctor that she went to when she was pregnant with Henrik. 

Because it was so early on, they couldn't see what gender it had and she couldn't tell either because one moment she thought it was a girl and the next Elexis thought it was a boy. When she was pregnant with Henrik, my instincts told me it was a boy. She was prepared then, now... I'm not. 

And it irritated her. 

When she returned to Mystic Falls, a week before Henrik had to return to school, she was called into the office of her doctor in Mystic Falls. 

After leaving Ireland, she had gone to NOLA and had stayed there for a couple of weeks but because she didn't have a doctor in the big city, she didn't go for a checkup. 

Before leaving Ireland, she had asked her doctor to send the papers to her doctor in Mystic Falls. 

On her first day back, her doctor called to tell her that it has indeed reached her but that she wanted to do a checkup on Elexis because she hadn't been in over three weeks and she wanted to see if everything was still alright with the baby. 

Three months and a half pregnant and the two McKenzie's still didn't know what it was... what they were. 

What she did find out was that she was not carrying one child but two. Elijah had impregnated her with twins.