Chapter 6

"Wait, so you two are serious now?" Elena asked, taking her hair out of her ponytail.

With a shrug, Elexis sighed. "I don't know. I haven't heard from him in a few days. I'm starting to worry."

"Maybe nothing happened but he just needed to get out of town for business?" Elena suggested.

The older girl nodded a little skeptical. "Maybe but he would've told me and if he didn't, he would've answered my calls or texts."

It had been a few days since she had seen Elijah and she was worried. Last she heard, he was going to a Dinner party at Damon's. After promising her he'd be safe, she let him go.

There had been a week between the day in his apartment and the dinner party and in that week she had spent a lot of time with him.

When he had stopped her from getting into her car, he had asked her to stay over for dinner. She had stayed over for dinner and did the same the two days after. Wednesday, she went over as well but while that she had spent dinner alone with Elijah the previous days, she took Henrik with her and they spent every dinner together like a family until he was invited to the Dinner party.

She had decided to stay at the Gilbert Residence because Elena and Stefan were still at the Lake House. It was supposed to be a weekend getaway but it turned into a small Holiday. It was break so Jenna agreed because with John in the house, she could do with being alone herself.

Then, Elena came back with Stefan, a day earlier than planned, looking distressed but didn't say anything about it, so she just let it go for a while. The next day she looked much better. It made her day a whole lot better.

That great day, quickly became one of the worst days of her life when she went to Elijah's apartment and walked in with her key- the one he gave when he told her she could come there anytime she wanted if anything happened to him and she didn't want to be around Elena or someone anymore- but found the apartment empty. Elijah was gone, all his stuff was still there but he was gone and there was no sign of him.

"Mom?" Her son had asked her. "Where' Da- Elijah?"

With a smile, she rubbed his cheek lovingly. "You can call him dad around me, darling, let's just make sure he's okay with it and as for where he is, I'd have to dissapoint you and tell you I don't know."

After that, they had left the apartment and went to playground together while Elijah was supposed to be there, like he promised. Elexis knew he was a man of his word so she didn't get why he left without letting her know.

For days, she had worried sick and she had to tell Henrik not to worry every day and that she still didn't know where he was. She assured him she would try to contact him again during the day and let him know when she would know about him.

After her talk with Elena, she got ready herself. As it was a normal Wednesday, she decided to wear a soft pink top with black pants and black boots with a grey sleeveless, belted cardigan. Her hair was in a braided updo.

For her, a senior, finals were starting today so she would only be a few hours. She was lucky she had a History final. Because she was worrying about Elijah so much, she hadn't studied enough in her opinion though she studied for 9 long hours.

Dropping Henrik off first, she walked through the hallways of her school- too early- trying to call Elijah again.

"Hey, Elijah. It's me, again. Uhm, I haven't heard from you in days and I'm worrying. As is Henrik. If you can, call me back please. I miss you. I lo- you know what, you probably know what I was about to say but if you want to hear it, you'll have to come back."