Chapter 10

Graduation day had finally come. After five years of High School, she was so ready to say goodbye and start a new part in her life- preferably with Elijah and Henrik. 

The night before Graduation the two soul mates and their son went to the McKenzie's who had been in town to see their beloved Elexis graduate High School. Overall, the first meeting between Elijah and her family had been good. They could laugh and joke and make fun of her. 

When it was late they invited Elijah to stay over as well, since Elexis was staying there anyway for the night with Henrik. Since she was 19, and they trusted her to do what she thought was right, they let the two sleep in one room. 

They had gotten up early to get Elexis- and everyone else but she was the girls' main priority- ready for the day. She didn't even get a say in what she was going to wear but she couldn't really complain about what they chose because it was a beautiful day and she could see herself choosing it for a day like that day. 

Her oldest/younger sister and mother chose a red lace short cocktail dress with black heels and did her hair in a twisted updo and her make up natural. Grabbing her gown and cap, they all left. 

Elijah and Elexis drove in the SUV with Henrik and her youngest brother.

Growing up, she always thought her father was crazy for giving them all old names. She was called Elexis while her younger brother was called Björn- as in Björn Ironside- and her youngest brother was called Rollo- as in the brother of Ragnar. Soon she fell in love with the old names- hence the fact that she named her son Henrik. 

Taking her hand, Elijah tried to soothe her nerves for which she was very grateful. Not only was she graduating but she was also Valedictorian and had to give a speech. Why her? 

Elexis hated speaking in public- always had- and didn't want to give a speech in front of the whole graduating class but she couldn't refuse to offer of being Valedictorian. Even after coming to terms with it, she still was afraid she would mess up. 

"You'll be great." Elijah said, soothing her nerves.  

"Will I?" She asked with a trembling voice. "I mean, listen to my voice, it's trembling." 

"You'll be fine." Elijah repeated. 

"God- we're here already." She said, fear in her voice evident. "I don't-" 

"You have to. Henrik, do you want to hear your mother speak?" 

She could hear her son snorting. "In front of people? Good luck with that." 

Elexis looked at her son with a mocking glare. "Thank you, that really comforts me."

Henrik smiled sweetly before getting out. Walking to his mother's side, he opened the door for her like the little gentleman that he has become around Elijah. 

"Hey!" She heard her soul mate say. "That's my job." 

"Well, I beat you to it today, dad. Sorry." Henrik said before running off to his grandfather. "Pops! Did you see what I did?" 

With her head shaking, Elexis turned to Elijah with a smile who was looking proudly at his son. "Did you teach him that?" With a shrug, he gave Elexis all the answer she needed. "Well, I did once tell you I wanted him to become a gentleman and noble like you, I guess I can't argue then." 

"No, you can't. Now come on, your family is looking at us and looking at the time, we need to go." Elijah said before leading her to the school. 

The ceremony started not too long after and every passing minute, Elexis saw her nightmare coming closer. Soon enough, she got to take place behind the podium and got to give her speech. 

"To be honest,-" She started. "I have no idea why they asked me to do this because I hate talking in front of crowds and they know it." 

People chuckled around her and she got a smile because of it, soothing her nerves a bit. 

"I also didn't prepare a speech because if I did I would be a stuttering mess here." She continued. 

"I remember, 6 years ago, I got pregnant after I was raped. I always enjoyed school, yet I didn't enjoy school at all back than." With a downcast look, she watched as she was fidgeting. "I started slacking and I always ended up in trouble but one day, it went a bit too far." 

Looking up, she saw Klaus standing in the back and she couldn't help but smile. Even if he was a bit psycho, she could see that he understood her in a way that no one else did. She didn't know how he knew about her Graduation but she found herself to be happy that he was there. 

"I did something stupid that forced me to stay away from school. It was during those days that I understood was school was about." She swung her head back in attempt to get her hair out of her face. "School isn't only about learning, it is about socializing and making friends. It's so much more than those boring classes." 

"I've made a lot of decissions influenced by school. And they were all the right decissions and you did the same. But we're leaving school now, so this is your time to make decissions. To make mistakes. To enjoy life to the fullest." 

"I'm gonna quote Jessica Stanley from Twilight here but this is your time to fall in love, a lot."

"Lastly, make mistakes and make them again because this is your time." She looked at the crowd with a smile. "Use it." 

With those words, the crowd errupted into applause and whistles as she sat back down. 

The ceremony went on with the diploma's being handed out and pictures being taken. The last moment of the ceremony was the traditional one. Throwing their cap in the air while the picture was being taken. 

Ending up in the arms of her soul mate and her son with her, she felt like her world was complete. 

.

.

.

.

I know that High School is only 4 years but because of Henrik, Kailee took some time off to take care of him and because of a mistake she made in the past.

Two pictures today! Outfit and traditional Graduation picture.