Chapter 9

Waking up, naked, with her head on a man's chest was something Elexis never thought she would do. 

After getting raped, she knew it would be a long time before she could finally be normal around a man again and having a relationship with one. After having Henrik, she knew it would be double the effort to find a man to be with her and for her to be with and to be around her son. 

Looking up at his face, she looked to see if he was still asleep. When she saw he was, she got up silently and went into the bathroom, not wanting to wake him up as he looked too peaceful to be woken up. 

She should've known better because she wasn't even in the shower for two minutes before she felt him coming in behind her. Wrapping his arms around her from behind, she leaned into him with a silly smile on her face. 

"Goodmorning, my love." She said as he caressed her abdomen. 

"It would've been a better morning if you would've been in bed two minutes ago, when I woke up." Elijah said, kissing her neck but keeping his hands on her abdomen. "I hope the spell worked. I want nothing more than for you to be pregnant with my child." 

"It is what I want as well." Elexis said as she felt one hand dipping lower than her abdomen. 

She stepped on her tiptoes when she felt his hand go inbetween her tighs. "What are you doing, Mr. Mikealson?" 

"Well, I'm enjoying our time alone. After all, we are not going to be alone for long." Elijah said, still kissing up and down her neck. 

"You're right, we should enjoy this time." Elexis agreed. 

Freshly showered and feeling sated, Elexis and Elijah were on their way to the Braxton's to pick up Henrik. Even though they enjoy their time alone, they both want to spend time with Henrik. It had been a long time for Elexis but for her soulmate it had been an even longer time. 

Putting his hand on her bare tigh, dangerously close to where she wanted him the most after his constant teasing, she regretted putting on her outfit of the day. 

Well, technically, it hadn't been her who had chosen the outfit but Elijah. While she was calling Margareth Braxton to ask if she could pick up Henrik a day early, he had been choosing her outfit after he had put all the clothes she had in his closet. She didn't do it herself because she didn't want to move herself into his apartment, to her it seemed wrong. 

He had chosen a blue/white dress with a cream cardigan and flats. She didn't wear make up nor any jewelry. 

Pushing his hand away, she focused on the road again. "Don't, Elijah. We're almost there, you need to behave." 

"And people say I am no fun." Elija muttered. 

Hitting his shoulder, she huffed. "I am fun! I just don't want to be all hot and bothered when I arrive at the Braxton's and get my son." 

"Fine." He agreed. 

"Who knew that a 1000-year old vampire could act like a 5 year old child? Seriously, my son is better with this kind of stuff, at least he doesn't act like a dog that was kicked." Elexis told him. 

"I don't act like a dog that got kicked!" Elijah exclaimed. 

"What happened to you? I have never seen you act like this." Elexis said as she drove up the driveway of the Braxton house. 

"I'm feeling better than I ever had, can you blame me for being happy when I'm back with the most beautiful girlfriend anyone could imagine who just so happens to be my soulmate and who happens to have a son who is amazing and whom I adore with all my heart." Elijah asked.