Chapter 17

Waking up on her birthday, Elexis couldn't help but be excited at what was to come that day.

They would celebrate her birthday and although the Mikealson family tried to be secretive about it, her younger sister had already given away that they would be coming to celebrate it with them as well as her two idiots of cousins.

Elijah and her would also give away the genders of their children to their families as it was something they wanted to do on a special occasion.

Elijah and her had thought about a good way to reveal the gender of their children and decided on the traditional way, hiding balloons in a box and letting someone open it. They had chosen Rebekah for the task.

She found herself alone in the room as Elijah had warned her of the night before and started getting ready for the day.

She could hear voices coming from downstairs that were all too familiar and got excited at the prospect of seeing her best friends again but did everything at her own pace, which was rather slowly but she quickly grew uncomfortable lately.

She took a long, relaxing shower and got dressed in a navy blue blouse with maternity jeans and Puma sneakers. She never took her rings off but did put on extra rings. The rings she possessed were normally passed down the generations in her family. She had put on long drop earrings and her hair was down but held out of her face.

Walking down the stairs, she was met by the sight of the whole Mikealson family, the whole McKenzie family and her two best friends/cousins.

She smiled as the two men jumped of their seats and ran to her and both hugged her. They kept her in a tight hug, not releasing her.

"Guys." She said. "I need to breath."

Immediately, they pulled back and looked her up and down, eyes staying on her ever expanding stomach.

"You look,-" Angelo started.

"Amazing." Daniël completed.

"Thank you." She said with a big smile.

They smiled back. "Happy birthday, Lexi."

"Thank you." She repeated.

They sat down and was quickly embraced by her siblings again. "Happy birtday, Lexis!"

Björn took her in a bone crushing hug and didn't let her out of his arms very quickly. "God, I've missed you. Happy birthday, sis."

"Thank you."

Her mother was the next to hug her, literally pushing her oldest son away. "Oh, my sweet little girl is turning 20 already. Where is the time you were 2?"

"18 years gone." Her son piped up making everyone laugh.

Liam took her in a hug as well. "Your mother was right, you're growing up so quickly. I still remember the little girl that would never leave my side when she was sick."

"Father, if you would live closer by, I would never leave your side either. I love you." She said, kissing his cheek. She put her head on his chest. "No matter who I marry or who I am in love with, you will always be my number one man."

"You'll always be my number one girl." He responded, earning a 'Hey' from his other daughters. "Oh, hush! I love you all the same but your sister is just special."

From the corner of her eye, she could see Niklaus watching them with a pained expression. She made a mental note to talk to him later when she saw her mother beating her to it. She let go of her father and joined her mother.