Chapter 7

When Elena came home, Elexis stormed into her room and pinned her to her bed.

"You daggered him!" She accused the döppelganger.

Elena looked at her with sorrow in her eyes. "I'm sorry. I really am but it's for the best."

"For the best? You took away Henrik's father!" Elexis cried. "You took away his only father."

With a frown, Elena answered even though there was no question. "I didn't know that he took so much to him, if I did I wouldn't have done it. I wish I could change it, make it better but it isn't in my hands anymore."

"You wish you could make it better? Elena, there shouldn't be anything to make better. You did this, you'll fix this. Tell Jenna Henrik and I will be gone for a while, I don't want to be here. Not with you." Elexis said before leaving the room.

During the time that she had been alone, she packed most of her stuff and Henrik's. She packed some clothes, a few pictures, her books- school and reading books- and her other stuff. For Henrik she only took a few clothes, a few books and his school stuff.

Taking both their bags, she took Henrik and left the house. Settling him in the car, she drops the bags in her trunk and settled in herself. She looked at the house one last time before speeding off towards Elijah's apartment.

Burging through the doors, Henrik yelled: "Elij- ah!" The last part was said more silently and dissapointed.

"Lovely, he isn't here but he'll be here soon. That I promise you." She took him in her arms and kissed his head. "In the meantime, you can talk with him in your dreams. Have you dreamed of him lately?"

"Yes! I have! Yesterday. Do you think he'll know about it when he comes back?" Henrik asked excitedly. "Mom, is Elijah a Warlock like me?"

"No, he isn't." Elexis answered. By now they were already sitting on the couch in his living room. The young mother couldn't help but imagine what it would be like if Elijah would sit there with them. "I think that it is something he needs to tell you though. But, he will know about your meeting when he comes back."

"When can I see him again?" Henrik asked, looking up at his mother.

"I do- You could now, if you'd like. I could do magic that would connect us with him."

Minutes later, she had found everything she needed to do magic. She hadn't done it in ages because she didn't like using it, it had killed her mother so she tried to avoid it as much as possible. For her son, though, she would use magic just to see that smile on his face.

Before starting the spell, she looked at her son. "Okay, I want you to listen to me carefully. I am going in alone and I'll connect with Elijah. If he's ready to see you again, he'll reach out to you and you'll be in a trance like me. I don't want you to worry if I don't answer, okay? Just go with it, it's magic. You'll understand soon enough."

With a smile to her son, she started muttering the spell. Knowing Latin, she roughly knows what she's saying. Not everything but as a witch, you just know what you're requesting through your spell. It is a feeling.

She could see that everything around her is different again. She doesn't need confirmation this time, she knows she contacted Elijah.

"Two times in one day, my dear, you miss me greatly. Don't you?" Elijah asked teasingly.

Whipping her head around to see Elijah, she smiled and embraces him again. "Elijah!"

This time, there was no hesitation he just wrapped his arms around her, breathing in her smell again.