Chapter 16

Waking up to kisses being pressed on her belly, Elexis opened her eyes and smiled as she saw her beloved placing kisses on her belly. 

In two weeks a lot has happened. 

Esther had still gone through with trying to kill her children but Elexis had put a stop to that but not before Damon had turned Abby Bennett in a Vampire to stop her from helping Esther. 

Caroline and Niklaus had gone out and are now a happy couple. She spends more time at the Mikealson Mansion than at her own home. She and Elexis had grown quite close, along with Rebekah. The three of them would sometimes go out to the city and shop for baby things together during the weekends. 

Stefan and Rebekah had been rekindling their romance and were now dating. Unlike Niklaus and Caroline, they had not been as fast to jump into bed. Rather, they went out on dates and got to know each other again. You could see how well they were together. 

Sage and Finn were living together again. They lived on the Mikealson property but not in the same house. 

As for Esther, they were not rid of her. Not yet because they knew that she would be coming to try to finish what she started. 

Elexis' family had left two days after the Ball and had kept in touch. Her siblings and parents insisted on having regular updates on her pregnancy. 

Her pregnancy was still going well, she was going into her fourth month by now and she would be having an ultrasound that day, three days before her birthday. She knew that they were planning something but kept to playing stupid about it. 

Elena and Damon were together. Caroline and Elexis had been proven right about their theory. She was really no better than Katherine Pierce. She and Damon were perfect for each other, both selfish. 

Looking down, Elexis saw Elijah laying down on her stomach now. "Hello there." 

"Hi, you good down there?" 

"I can hear their heartbeats. Both are strong and soothing." Elijah answered, pressing another kiss on it. "I can't wait to meet them in two hours. Which means we have to get up and start getting ready." 

"Share a shower or seperatly?" 

"Will we get out of the shower completely clean if we share?" 

"Most likely not." Elexis answered.

"Better do seperately." Elijah said. "You go first, I have something to discuss with Niklaus first. Go." 

Nodding, Elexis got out of the bed and wrapped herself in her robe before walking in her closet and taking out clothes for the day. 

Opting for something warmer, she chose maternity jeans with a white top and white Puma sneakers. Lately, she couldn't walk on heels as long as she could before her pregnancy anymore so she opted for her Puma sneakers instead. 

Keeping her rings on, she chose three more rings. She put her hair up in a half updo by only putting the strands of her hair up. 

Walking down the stairs, she noticed how everyone was talking but stopped when she entered the room. 

Rolling her eyes, she looked at Henrik and noticed the chocolate sauce around his mouth. "Who gave you chocolate?" 

"Uncle Kol." 

"Uncle Kol?" Turning to Kol, she winked. "You can look after him today. Maybe that'll learn you." 

"What! Bu- wh- ju- What?" 

"Maybe you can ask Bonnie to help you?" She teased, knowing how the older Vampire had a crush on the teenage witch. 

"You-" 

"There are little ears in this room, don't use bad words." She told him, kissing his cheek before walking out of the house and into her Porsche. 

Waiting for Elijah lasted all of 30 seconds before he got into the car with a big grin on his face. "I am proud of you." 

"Why?" Elexis asked, starting the car and went on their way to the hospital. "All I did was shut Kol up."

"Exactly, that is what you did." Elijah said. "I have never seen anyone do it." 

"Well, now you have." She said, driving into the town square. "Can I ask you something?" 

"Anything, you know that." He said, kissing her knuckles. "What is on your mind?" 

"What would you like our children to be? A boy or a girl?" 

"Healthy." Was his immediate response. 

A giggle escaped her. "When I was 13, I got the same question from my father. I had only just found out I was pregnant, I didn't know the answer to that... I was still getting over the fact that I had been raped and got pregnant out of it. By the time I was getting my second ultrasound I included my two best friends- who happen to be my cousins as well- and I remember my closest friend asking me what I wanted. By then I had already fallen in love with Henrik so I answered immediately. I only wanted it to be healthy, I didn't care for it's gender."  

"What about now?" 

"The same thing. I only want them healthy, gender does not matter to me. Why would it? Boy or girl, I'll love it all the same." 

"Henrik wants a little sister." 

"Yeah, today... Yesterday he wanted a little brother. You see my point here?" 

Elijah smiled, kissing her knuckles again. "Maybe we'll give him both." 

"One of each, that does seem fair, even if I say so myself." Elexis sighed, pulling up to the hospital. "Guess we'll find out now, won't we? Well, if they work with us." 

Both getting out, Elijah rushed to join Elexis' side. "I have good faith that they will, only because their father is with them." 

The pregnant woman huffed. "You're so full of yourself." 

Half an hour later, she was laying on the examining table with her hand in Elijah's. Both giving their undivided attention to the screen next to them. 

"Looks like your little ones are working with us today. I am fairly sure I can give you a gender today. Would you like to know?" 

"Yes." Elijah answered. "Niklaus needs to know for their nursery." 

"I'd like to know as well." Elexis nodded. 

"Well, if you look at this one, you can see..." 

.

.

.

.

Sorry! I'm not giving the gender away just yet... I apologize. For this chapter it is her outfit.