Chapter 12

Elexis looked weirdly at her soul mate, not believing that he was really in the room as she and their son.

"Elijah?" His name was now a question.

He smiled at her before catching their son in his arms when he ran at the Original vampire. "Daddy!"

"Hello there, my son. How have you been?"

"I've missed you!" He said, burrying his face in his father's neck. "Where have you been?"

"Remember when I told you there was a dark object that could put me to sleep until it was pulled out of me... A bit like Sleeping Beauty?" Henrik nodded. "That is what happened to me."

"Are you com-"

"Is there a reason why you're here?" Elexis asked, interrupting her son.

Elijah looked at his soul mate with a smile. "Yes, I came here to see you and our son."

"Are you here to stay?"

"No, actually." Elijah said, making Elexis frown. "I'm here to pick you up." "What? Why, why would you pick us up?" Elexis asked with the frown still on her face. Elijah put a now sleeping Henrik on his bed and turned to Elexis. He nodded to the door, indicating that they'd leave the room to let Henrik sleep. Elexis nodded before leaving the room. Standing in the hallway, she nodded to their room when he joined her. He nodded and she went inside the room. Once they were both in, Elexis took sage from a drawer and lit it, spelling the room to be soundproof. "Why would you pick us up?"

"Niklaus had built a house for us here." Elijah explained. "For us, his family. You are my soul mate and Henrik is my son, that is why you are family."

"And that's why you're picking us up?" Elexis guessed.

Elijah nodded, putting his hand on her bump. He had noticed it right away and couldn't contain his urge to touch it anymore.

"It worked." Elijah said, the joy and pride in his voice evident. "We made a baby."

"We did." Elexis said, putting her hand over his with a huge smile on her face. "I'll show you the ultr-"

"Later, right now... right now, there are other things I'd like to do."

Hours later, the two were laying in the bed, basking in the afterglow of their love-making. They were enjoying the silence in each others arms when Elexis remembered there was something she wanted to show Elijah.