Chapter 13

Walking in the Mikealson Mansion was like deja vu for Elexis as she grew up with very wealthy and influential parents. She knew nothing else but living in a mansion. Coming to Mystic Falls, she had quickly gotten used to living in a normal house.

She liked living in a smaller house better than living in a mansion. Even living in the apartment was great to her.

Henrik stuck by Elijah's side as he led them up the stairs to their rooms.

Walking into his room, Henrik nearly screamed bloody murder. Knowing all the expressions and what they meant, Elexis quickly placed a hand in front of his mouth while he screamed.

Pulling her hand back, her son ran to Elijah and hugged him tight. "Thank you! Thank you!"

"Henrik? I believe you have uncle Nik to thank for the paintings."

"Nah, you're welcome little mate." A British voice said.

Turning around, Elexis smiled at the Hybrid leaning against the door frame. Returning the smile, Niklaus looked down at her evident bump.

"I guess congratulations are in order?" He smiled.

Henrik got closer to Klaus while he had been talking. "Are you uncle Nik?"

"I... I am." He confirmed.

The little boy hugged him tight. "Thank you for the amazing room. I love vikings!"

"Yes, a little birdie told me that."

"Can a bird ta- how silly, uncle Nik! Birds can not talk!" Henrik said.

Elijah chuckled while Elexis tried to keep from laughing at the Hybrid's expression. "It is early, he is tired still. It's why he's talking like that, normally he is a bit more intelligent in his rambles, it's why he caught himself so late."

"Yes, my brother told me about his intelligence. He's managed to correct my brother three times." Nik chuckled before kissing her cheek. "I'll be downstairs if you need me."

"Okay."

The Hybrid left after ruffling Henrik's hair. Running to his bed, the young boy jumped in it before laying down properly and closing his eyes.

"Mom?"

Crouching down next to her son, the young mother carresed his cheek. "Yes?"

"Can I sleep a little more? I am tired."

"Of course." She stood up and took her soul mate by the hand and led him out. "Where do I sleep?"

"With me." His immediate response was.

"Where is your room?"

"Our room is right here, next to Henrik. Niklaus sleeps next to us." He said. "Rebekah and Kol sleep on the floor upstairs and mother and Finn sleep on the main floor."

"Okay."

Opening the door, Elexis found herself standing in a room similar to the one in his apartment. It was classic and elegant, just like the original himself.

"What do you think? I am sure we could change an-"

"Nothing. Change nothing, this is perfect." Elexis assured him.

Walking downstairs, the pair was met by all the siblings in the room getting ready for the ball Elijah had mentioned earlier.

"Do you want another dagger in your heart?" Nik asked.

"Again with the dagger threats? Don't you have any other tricks?"

"I pressume that is Kol?" Elexis asked Elijah.