Chapter 11: Are You In For The Ride!

Recap: Kim?... "Yeah?" she replies curiously. I'm hungry I say rubbing my stomach. She starts screaming grabbing anything she can find from the car side door and throwing them at me. I dodge thinking to myself, this is definitely going to be a long car ride. Especially if I'm starving and Kim keeps on nagging the whole way like she's the stuff.

                                             ................................................................................................

  We FINALLY arrive at the carnival entrance and park the car close to the big gates. I jump out before she cuts the engine, grabbing my bat and swinging my gun over my shoulder, skipping to the metal gates arching upwards. I push the gates forward but stumble back. I look back at Kim with big eyes. She she huffs glaring at me, "you retard its locked!".

"And how do you know that" I glare back. "THE LOCK IS RIGHT THERE IN YOUR FACE!!!!!" I look down, embarrassment painting my face. "Whatever at least I'm the only one who knows how to open it!" I glare trying to hide my embarrassment with anger. I walk closer and inspect the lock before reaching into my hair and pull out a hair pin, slipping it into the little hole and jiggling it around a bit till I hear a soft click and push it open clipping the lock onto my belt loop. Man I'm the best.

I motion for Kim to follow suit from behind me as she grabs weapons from the trunk and walks slowly behind me. We enter cautiously as nervousness comes out in sweat globs all over my body. Maybe this wasn't such a great idea. I look around but find nothing out of the ordinary that stands out. The only thing that's really bothering me is the atmosphere around us. Its quit, like the ones in those scary movies when you know something really bad is going to happen but you are stupid so you keep walking towards the danger. Yea totally not us.

Fog rolls around on the ground and slinks slowly in the sky. I wasn't really worried about the zombies since I found out I was immune. Which explains a lot of unanswered thoughts in my head. I still looked around and shivered, rubbing my arms together when a chill rolls down my spine.  "Hey Kim,"  " yeah?" she says turning her head to look at me.

"Umm.... Do you think any are here?" I ask scared out of my mind that there could be a possibility that my biggest fear will be lurking around. " I don't know, but I hope not" Kim says nervously as she absently rubs her hands up and down her arms. Kim and I have the same fear that we have been scared of since I can remember. Their disgusting.....Clowns!.

I hate them and when they try to act all nice with painted on smiles. The reason why we hate clowns isn't just because we went to the circus and were like ew... well I wasn't. Its just because one of them tried to kidnap me when I was five and I've been scared ever since. After that day I couldn't even look a clown in the face, I was so terrified.

Well mostly me of course. The only reason Kim doesn't like them is because in Kim's book if your ugly your not important, which is messed up but I cant change her mind. Walking ahead of her a small creak comes from besides me. Looking to my right, the Ferris wheel slowly moves around. The cart had blood smeared and leaking over the front with a stuffed animal  ripped in half as if claws shredded it apart.  

Pointing to it I open my mouth to tell Kim to watch out for anything, when a erie, maniacal laugh from a distance behind us echos throughout the park. Kim latches onto my arm as I walk faster. Practically sprinting passed the Ferris wheel, my heart pounding across my rib cage. Stopping for a quick breather my heart slows back to its normal rate but quickly speeds up when a splash comes from behind us. Instantly knowing that it was the puddle we had passed a couple of seconds ago.

Kim and I look back at the same time. all the color drains from my face which probably looks a pale fleshy white. The hair at the nape of my neck all stand at attention when a deadly smelling breeze gently moves my hair in waves. Coming out of my trance I instantly move into action and sidekick the clown in the ribs. He stumbles back and I get a good look at him.

He is a tall, muscular, bloodstained clown with yellow rotten teeth and red eyes with a dingy rainbow wig, and dirty smeared face paint covering his face. Looking down and shuddering when I get a good look at his attire,  your normal clown clothes, torn red shoes and long, black toe nails on the other foot. Freezing in horror, the clown smiles showing off its jagged yellow stained teeth. Trying to step back I trip over Kim who was cowering behind me. Guessing that was the trigger of movement he needed he charged towards us so fast that before I had time to blink he was right in front of me and latched onto my hands throwing me over his shoulder. Hearing Kim screaming scared me enough making me immobile.

Smelling  rotting flesh I started to gag as tears streamed down my face.  He starts running with me dangling over his shoulders. Kicking and screaming I try to brake free calling for Kim to help me.  Throwing me into the ferris wheel cart. Trying to scramble out, I get flung back.

As he gets closer a loud watery crunch echos through the park and blood splatters all over my body. The clowns body falls towards me as I'm scrambling the rest of the way out of the cart. Looking up shock runs through my body as Xavier holds out his hand with a huge grey sledge hammer over his shoulder. Falling on to the ground my heart starts to skip a beat. Helping me up, I stumble and land into his arms.

Looking up we make eye contact as he looks down. Instantly getting caught into his eyes as they become closer and closer. Feeling are lips connect a blush slowly creeps onto my face as he holds me tighter. And I know no matter how scary the day was I will never forget this moment as we press closer together. It was the day I fell in love.

(Pic of Kim)