We just had to find out why she was so broken.

Lana's pov

The next part was... eventful. What happened with Christie walking down the dark hospital corridor following the girl in her head that had been harassing her, pushed me to do something about her. This just simply couldn't go one anymore. It wasn't fair on her or us. She couldn't help herself because it wasn't her fault. She needed someone to help her. I was prepared to do that, whether she wanted help or not. 

....

While she was asleep, her parents finally came to the hospital. I know I couldn't get annoyed at them for not staying with her knowing the state she was in because they were her parents and I didn't know what it was like for them. 

'I don't want to be the one to tell you this, but I think Christie need serious help. I'm be serious and it need to happen now' I said seriously.

'No, she is fine. She will be fine if we just help her' said her dad in denial.

'We have been looking after her, but look where that's got her! We are doing more harm than good, literally!' I said, almost forcing my words onto them. I had to. If I didn't, they weren't going to see how serious this issue was. I felt like I had the responsibility of getting her real professional help. 

'You can't come here and tell us what to do.This is our daughter, not yours. You're nothing to her' said her mum.

I had to force myself to hold back the tears and hurt I felt from that. Christie felt like my own daughter. I had to help her. I just had to. Something in me snapped. Like a maternal, protective switch inside my brain. A bit like an instinct. I snapped.

'You tell me you don't want me to tell you what to do but what would you do without me? Would you just leave your own broken daughter in hospital scared and by herself, because if I wasn't here, that's what would be happening. I have been there every step of the way and you couldn't even be bothered to show up to support her. This has gone on long enough! I have to get help her. She isn't right. She is broken' I said as I elongated the work 'broken. I was red with angry as I spotted my face in the window opposite me. 

'You're not her mother! Stop it, just stop it. Leave us alone' shouted her dad.

'No Mark, Lana's right. This is going to happen any longer. She is our daughter and I'm going to stay with her, with or without you!' Christie's mum said as she moved herself more over tome. It was the first time I witnessed her stand up to her husband.I felt a sense of pride.

He said nothing and just hugged her. They finally realised that their daughter needed them. I was so relieved. A girl that young and so broken needed her parents. We just had to find out why she was so broken. 

'I don't want to upset you again, but about a week ago, I managed to get Christie a consultation appointment at a top end Institution. She can go there until she is better and they can really look after her. Better than we even can. I know it's painful to accept, but it is probably the best way forward with Christie' I said putting my hands on both of them. 

'W-when does she go?' she her mum as her voice quivered. 

'Anytime. Now that this has happened, she will probably receive a emergency referral. She can be in there as soon as tomorrow. This will be good for her, I promise' I said with a somewhat comforting tone of voice. 

'Y-yes, of course. We won't tell her. She'll go tomorrow' she her dad, slightly demanding.