The happy part of the dream that wasn't going to happen

Christie's pov

I stood there. Completely still and unable to move. The boy that I had trusted in so many times was in front of me with blood dripping from his wrists. Was I not enough for him? I knew I had to snap out of the shock I was in and shout for help. I couldn't. I just stood there. Nothing was going through my head anymore. I had no emotion. Ellis' eyes rolled to the back of his head and he flopped to the floor. The sound of his body slapping to the floor made me jump and I realised what had happened, which made me shout.

'Help, somebody help. I'm in the bathroom' I screamed at the top of my lungs. 

'I'm coming. Hang on' said Perry, the head warden. 

'Hang on'. How could I 'hang on'? What a stupid thing to say I thought. He was on the floor literally bleeding to death. 

'Hang on?! Are you stupid or what? He's dying here!' I screamed

He said nothing back. I heard multiple people running down the hall and the sound of a trolly's squeaking wheels. I instantly relaxed. I don't know how. I looked at him on the floor, with bleeding wrists and all I did was nothing. I just stared. I felt at peace. Half of that was because I knew he was going to be fine. The other half was because I knew I was going to be fine. We were both going to be okay as long as we had each other. Cringe, I know. But, it was true.

Four wardens picked him up and put him on the trolly. Then they rushed him out the door and straight to medical. A nurse came to get me who had to stay with me because they thought I was going to do something stupid. It annoyed me because I knew I wasn't going to. I didn't want to. I wanted to get better. I just accepted it because it was only precaution. I got back into bed where the nurse told me they would let me know how Ellis was when he was out of the worse. She told me to sleep so I turned to face away from her. She sat in the chair next to my bed. I didn't find it weird being watched while I slept because they had done it the first couple nights I was there. I spent about ten minuets thinking about Ellis and if he was even alive. I didn't know. It wasn't upsetting me, nor was it making me angry. I just thought it was what he wanted. He couldn't live anymore and he wanted to be happy, so if the only way to end everything was to die, he should be given that. I know most of you are going to be attacking me for saying that in your mind, but if you really think about it, it's true. However saying that, if someone was right in front of me and was about to kill themselves, of course I would try and stop them. I finally got to sleep. I had a dream. I remember is so well, even to this day. My dream had me, Ellis, two children and my parents in it. I dreamt that I was married to Ellis and we had a girl and a boy. We had an average sized house and the children were running in the garden. My parents were talking with Ellis and me and we were truly happy. Then, black rainclouds came over us and started raining acid. It ended. I was woken up by the sound of knocking. It was 7:00am checks. I thought back to the dream I had and the bad part too. For the first time in forever, I found myself focusing on the good part of something. I forgot about the bad part with the clouds raining acid and drew my attention to the good part. I thought about how amazing it would be. That's when I knew, things were going to start looking up. It was going to be a hard journey, but a worthy one. I got excited about recovery and it was the first time since I was very young that I felt truly content. 

I got up from my bed, brushed my teeth and got dressed. I went out of my room where the nurse followed. I went to weigh in and they checked my arms. I had no fresh cuts obviously. They said they were getting happy with my recovery progress. I went into the dining hall to have breakfast and back to my room. I got happy because I remembered I was going to see my parents and Lana for the first time since I got there. I was happy. I was truly happy. I wanted people back home to know. I asked the head nurse to ring my parents and tell them that I'm happy. I told them to tell them this.

'Dad, mum, Lana. I'm happy. I have found someone I truly love. Someone who makes me happy. He's broken, but so am I. But we will get better, together. I want to learn to love. I want to learn to live. When I do that, I'll be good as new. Just like the day I was born. Guys, I am nothing without you. I am going to do this, and I will do it properly.'

 A nurse knocked on the door.

'Ellis is awake. He's asking for you. Are you going to be okay?' She said.

'D-do you think you could come with me please?' I said.

'Of course honey. Of course I can' she said as she came over to me and pulled me into a hug. 

'Thank you' I said smiling and snuggling into her shoulder. 

She led me into medical where I saw him lying with bandaged wrists. He looked at me and smiled. I went over to him and I asked the nurse to stay outside. 

'You're an idiot, you know?' I said with a small chuckle as tears filled my eyes.

'Don't cry. I'm going to be fine' he said as he used his thumb to wipe my tears away. He winced slightly because of the pain of moving his wrists. 

'I hope so' I said as I rubbed away the remaining tears. 

'I am going to get out of here, and when I do, I'm going to propose, you know?' He said smugly.

'Shut up! You're such an idiot man. Ugh' I said as laughed. 

'No, I am. I fancy you. Don't you fancy me?' He said, still smiling.

'In your dreams Mr Carter. In your wildest dreams' I said. That was a lie. I'd never liked anyone as much as him before.

'Christie,time's up. Sorry darling' said another nurse.

'I'll see you soon, idiot' I said, blatantly flirting.

Ellis looked at me.

'You make me want to live' he said seriously.

I smiled at him.

'Ditto' I smirked.