Use Somebody

October 26, Wednesday

"I've been roaming around, always looking down, and all I see,

Painted faces fill the places I can't reach.

You know that I could use somebody,"

"Excuse me, um... Kanaya?"

"Well you know that I could use somebody.

Someone like you, and all you know, and how you speak."

A hand tapped my shoulder causing me to jump.

I pulled off my earphones and turned around from my locker that I had been stuffing some things in.

"Oh, sorry! I didn't mean to scare you like that," she grinned sheepishly.

It was Jade Harley.

The long and straight, black-haired girl with round glasses that seemed to be really nice and gets along with everybody well. I only get to talk to her sometimes. She was like a sunshine of joy that you liked to be around with. Physics just ended so it made sense that she was in this spot as well, because her locker was next to mine.

"No," I automatically smiled back. You couldn't help not to. "It's Fine. I Had Just Been A Little Too Engrossed With The Song." I turned off my iPod and stuffed it inside my bag along with the earphones, so it wouldn't seem rude. "What Were You Trying To Say?"

She opened her locker and placed some books inside. "Oh I was wondering if you had the chance of taking down notes a while ago."

"I Did. Would You Like To Borrow It?"

She turned to me and bit down her lip. "Oh, will it be okay?"

"Yes, Of Course," I reassured her and took my notebook that was inside my bag without looking, then gave it to her.

"Thanks! :D" she had opened it. "Oh. Um..."

I glanced at the notebook to see what was wrong and realized I had given her my sketchpad by accident. My sketchpad that was approximately the same size as all my other school notebooks and that I always bring it with me, which I had drawn many designs, including the ones inspired by-

Jade's eyes sparkled as she looked up. "You do like Rose! :D"

I instantly covered her mouth with my hand. "Ssh!" then glanced around nervously. A few people turned their heads to us, but mercifully they weren't Rose. I let my hand fall. "She Might Hear You."

"I think she already knows. Oh, and very nice designs, by the way." Jade gave me my sketchpad back. Maybe if I hadn't written a bunch of 'Rose Lalonde' in the pages, I wouldn't have blown my cover.

"Thank You," I took it and handed her my real Physics notebook. "... Wait, She Does?"

"Of course she fucking does!"

We both jumped to the sound and saw Dave Strider (the blonde guy with shades who I always thought was a mix between being cool, and being a player-slash-douche), suddenly standing next to Jade.

"'Sup?" he gave a nod.

"What are you doing here, Dave?"

"Oh, Harley, Harley, Harley," his head shook. "It's only been a month and a half and you already forget we're locker neighbors?" he grinned at her then nodded at me. "'Sup, Maryam?"