Sollux

October 26, Wednesday

"Sollux! Honey, come here, will you? We have someone we'd like you to meet," your mom calls out from the living room downstairs.

You do what you are told, hurrying as your tiny toddler feet can, bringing your yellow blankie with you that has a few stitched drawings of bees (your oh-so-loved blankie, that wonderful blanket you take everywhere that is your ultimate shield against ghastly things like broccoli or when it's bedtime after your dad turns off the lights in your room). You stop at the foot of the stairs, trying to peek around at first before you show yourself to your parents.

"Sweetie, don't be shy," your mom says to you with a smile as she still spots you hiding. She waves you to come closer.

You comply again and as you get near, you notice there is a little girl about your age as well, standing beside your mom. She has dark brown hair flowing in waves on the sides of her neck. You don't know why, but she is smiling. You wonder if kids are even allowed to smile that wide. Was she really happy about something? You wondered.

"Sollux, this is Aradia," your mom says as she made it a point to pull you closer to the girl. "She and her parents just moved in right next to our house! Isn't that great?"

You fail to understand why that kind of news would be great at all, no offense. But you take the time to look at the girl – Aradia – and you don't say anything but only waved at her with the hand you're holding your yellow blankie with.

Aradia smiles even wider at you.

* * *

The day starts out like any other day.

There's school to go to, friends to hangout with, occasional headaches to feel...

I was typing in my cell, had mistakenly typed in a wrong subject at the wrong time for some reason. So I'm currently walking along the halls of Huckstome High, my eyes on my phone, after getting out from Business class.

*Monday, Wednesday, Friday

-- Physic2 -- AA Megido

-- Calculu2 -- AA Megido, this new girl Ro2e Lalonde 

-- Bu2iine22 -- none

*Tuesday

-- Art -- GZ Makara

-- Technology -- KN Maryam

-- Phy2iical Educatiion -- KK Vanta2, AA Megiido, KN Maryam, Vrii2ka 2erket, Nepeta Leiijon, 2weaty a22hole Zahhak

*Thursday

-- Englii2h -- thii2 giirl Feferi who alway2 2ay2 hii to me???

-- Hii2tory -- Regiina 2omething. Dunno her la2t  name but 2he'2 niice.

-- Bu2iine22 -- none

It's Vriska's birthday today, I remember. I made it a point to encode my friends' birthdays on my phone's calendar ever since I bought it years ago. It's an ancient of a phone, I'll admit. Imagine the first ever touch screen phone to come out back then. Can you imagine it??? You probably can't.

But I absolutely love this ancient phone. It's been with me through the years. It has lots of memories; like this little crack at the bottom near the speaker? It happened when I told KK years ago that I had a crush on AA, to which he responded by making it even more embarrassing for me by asking too many questions about it that I threw my phone at him in my anger and chagrin, but he managed to dodge it and it hit the wall of my room and fell to the ground.

And then there's this small sticker that AA had placed at the back cover of my phone that I never really thought about taking off. Nothing too special, just this little fedora hat sticker that I don't remember where she got it from.