Chapter 2 : Battle plans

Aira P.O.V

Chiyo: Aira? Are you alright? Your hands are shivering...

I looked from her worried face to my hands. It's true. My hands were shaking. A smile crept on my face...a smile that made Chiyo obaa-sama give me questioning glance.

Of course I was shaking. Things had finally begun. The first step of my plan. The beginning of my vendetta against the Akatsuki, Madara and Otsutsuki Kaguya. It was doubtlessly scary. Through my plans, I was playing around with the lives of millions.

But I couldn't just sit around and watch as people died! I didn't want to see Sasori, Deidara, Nagato, Konan, Itachi, Obito etc die! And...if I was going to do it anyway, then...I am going to do it with a smile on my face!

Aira: Indeed I am shaking but...I just cannot control my excitement!

Chiyo: Aira...is it only you or...all 'strategist from heaven' crazy?

I faked a hurt expression and Chiyo obaa-sama smiled. Ah...this woman was so sweet and kind...there is no way that I am going to let her die!

Gaara: Aira.

Aira: Hm?

I turned around to find a very serious looking Gaara. He pulled me to the side. Chiyo obaa-sama looked slightly shocked but before she could say anything, he took me away from there.

Gaara: Judging from the fact that you know Akasuna no Sasori, a member of Akatsuki and the fact that Yura-dono is in charge of the security of the village...

Aira: Are you doubting me?

Gaara: N-No! Listen!

Aira: Sigh...look Gaara...I know you never considered me your fiance and you still can't bring yourself to trust an outsider who cannot give you the steps about how she achieved her results. Even I can get hurt if you push false pity and trust on me.

Gaara: false pity and help? I-

Aira: ' It's just that I thought that...it's unfair you get nothing in exchange for helping me and Sunagakure'. Your words convey exactly what you wished to express. You pity me for working hard for the sake of 'you' and 'your village'. Chiyo obaa-sama did say that I won't be an 'official' citizen of this village but...you shouldn't deny me right to at least form bonds with this village you know.

Gaara: I-I...I didn't mean-

Aira: I know you didn't mean to 'say' that...but that is what you felt. Sigh...let's stop this discussion here. Just like you have surmised...the village is in danger. The rumor that I am in touch with Akasuna no Sasori was a rumor I started so that Akatsuki might lose it's trust in him and throw him out. I wished to bring him back for Chiyo obaa-sama's sake. So...since it is clear that I have no intentions of helping the Akatsuki, let me help as Sunagakure's strategist. After that, I'll leave if that is what you truly wish for...it is for today's sake that I remained in Sunagakure for the past few years. So...just let me help.

Gaara: Aira! Please...I...

Aira: Please enough...is it so much fun to play around with my feelings? I give up...I don't see you returning my feelings anyway and...I don't want to get hurt any more than this...let's leave it at that...

Before Gaara could say anything, I walked away...away from the last chance to make up with Gaara. You see I...confessed and broke up with Gaara all at the same time...but now was not the time to think about my love life...

I won't let Chiyo obaa-sama die.

I will save Sunagakure.

I already knew the Akatsuki's plan. They would send Sasori and Deidara for the mission. Deidara will fight and defeat Gaara while Sasori will keep guard outside and fight Kankuro. Since I already knew how they were going to move, it was easy on me.

I removed my top and looked at my shoulder. There were three small, intricate tattoo like marking on my back. My plan was working...how well..is something I'll find out soon.

.

.

.

Sasori: Good job, Yura. You remember who I am right?

"Hm? he might not remember...but I do know you. Excellent work, Yura-dono"

I smirked slightly as I read the panicked expression on Deidara's face. Sasori asked Deidara to go in...stating that he'll take care of me.

Sasori: So you knew that Yura was a sleeper agent?

Aira: I did. I weakened the curse tag placed in him. As Sunagakure's strategist, I don't really welcome people or...puppets to place tags inside those who work for me. You see...we simply weren't destined to understand each other. To me 'one-sided annihilation' of the enemy is an art and...that sure is not 'eternal'. I have someone you'd like to meet. Chiyo obaa-sama, Kankuro...can you take care of this side?

Kankuro: We'll handle this just fine! Just go and save that idiotic brother of mine.

Aira: Sure.

So I said but...sorry Gaara...I have no intentions of stopping you from getting kidnapped. You...need to get kidnapped. If Madara doesn't get to Shukaku, it will get him suspicious and I wouldn't be able to move freely but...rest assured. I won't allow Chiyo obaa-sama to die.

During this...I have someone else to take care of. You see...I knew that I was changing the plot and something unexpected is bound to happen and...that something was in the form of an unexpected intruder.

And that unexpected intruder was...none other than the great Uchiha Itachi of the Akatsuki.

.

.

.

Itachi: You...knew we were coming.

Aira: Indeed. A little bird told me that you are collecting tailed beasts and...I happened to read a wonderful old tale that happens to help me guess what your plans...the Akatsuki's plans are...

Itachi: I see. No wonder Leader-sama wished to have you killed. Are you the one who spread rumours of being in contact with Akasuna no Sasori?

Aira: Indeed...and guess what? I knew he would come here for the mission. You see...an ex-resident of the village is the best person to lead the mission. I have my plans for him but...your appearance was outside my calculations.

Itachi: Outside your calculations?

Aira: Indeed...of all the members of your group, you are the hardest to figure out. But to think that your 'Leader-sama' would send such an esteemed member of the group to fight me...I am quite honoured.

Itachi: No. You are simply unfortunate. I will not be defeated. I will not die. But...you shall die.

Aira: I know.

Itachi: I know?

Aira: Indeed I know. Your death is fixed...since you yourself have planned it but...I have every intention of messing with it...but before that, I can assure you that you will not die here...but...neither will I.

Itachi was truly a person to be feared. Even though I gave him ample evidence that he was playing in my palm, he was still cool and composed...ah...no wonder he is my most favourite character in the Naruto series...

A three-pipe problem on three sides of the village.

Three battles.

Two teams.

One victor.

Let the odds be ever in my favor!