Chapter 8 : The strategist's Hope

Aira P.O.V

I held my head in my hands. I...really am a kid, aren't I? 

I can understand why Itachi was angry with me...I was being extremely insensitive. His irritation was understandable...

But why had I been so childishly stubborn?

It was stupid of me to expect people of this world to care for me. Somewhere down the line, I could feel it...my destiny was not bound to anyone in this world.

Well it is within my expectations...

But then why do I feel so...empty?

"Aira-sama! Try some of my hanami dango!"

The spring season was nowhere in sight but I ate it without questioning it. Saaya was a wonderful cook. I quickly finished my share. I was feeling infinitely better. There really was something to be said about eating sweet things when you are feeling down...

Wait...feeling down?

Aira: Uzumaki-san, who were these dangos really meant for?

Saaya: Sugoi! How did you know?

Aira: Know what?

Saaya: That I really made them for Ita~chan but he went away without having any...but then I saw you look down in the dumps so I thought it was a good thing if I gave some of them to-

I felt like burying myself in a hole. I thanked Saaya and...threw her out of the room. I decided to bury myself in my work. I hope it helps me keep stupid thoughts at bay.

Sigh...if I can subtly apologize to Itachi later.

.

.

.

Aira: Yugito-san, is this all Kumogakure has related to jinchuriki and tailed beasts?

She nodded quietly but looked over her shoulder apprehensively. Right...showing village secrets to others is nothing short of betrayal. I looked over at the documents. They didn't contain in-detail information but...it did contain quite a lot of valuable information. I took down notes as quick as I could and then gave her the original scrolls back.

Yugito: Aira, are you sure you don't want to meet Killer B? He finds it hard to believe that you are gone but...he is slightly upset about it nonetheless. 

Aira: I see...but personally I'm the one who misses you guys. My stay at Kumogakure was lovely. Don't worry, I'll see him and A-sama around soon.

Yugito: I see. Then let's just...DUCK!

She suddenly pushed me away. I held my head and winced slightly. Looks like I hit something...but why was Yugito Nii panicking unless...

NO way!

.

.

.

I hid myself above the ruins and peeked down. I held the sealing tag in my hand. This was the riskiest way of testing whether this tag can hide the tailed beast's chakra but...if it really does work then I'll be insanely happy!

Hidan and Kakuzu had caught up to Yugito. She was panting slightly but she had a confident smirk on her face. She had no intentions of going down without a fight. I remembered the fact that I warned her of their arrival.

Could Yugito do something to avoid her future...on her own? 

Kakuzu: Let's get this over with.