Chapter 12 : Tripartite struggles

Aira P.O.V

"This is a medicine to bring out your ability."

I watched as Kabuto gave Yuukimaru a green pill. The moment Yuukimaru swallowed it, he released a huge amount of chakra that began to pull at Isobu, who was sealed within me. I was hiding underneath the water and yet...I felt like I was being pulled to the surface of the water.

Tsk...let's resist it together Isobu...we can't let it happen so soon...

'You...who are you?'

This boyish voice...Yuukimaru? Could it be that he has the ability to talk to Isobu? 

'Aira-san...it hurts...'

I see. Looks like this is quite the inhumane method. Using Yuukimaru to bring Isobu out of hiding with such a painful process. Luckily I couldn't feel Isobu's pain, which meant that I could still take decisions with a calm mind.

'A-Aira-san!'

Aira: Hijutsu : Kami no kokan(Secret jutsu : Divine exchange)!

There's a limit to how much of Isobu's chakra I can replace with mine! Besides...replacing too much of Isobu's chakra would make it easy for Kabuto to sense it. I signalled Saaya who was standing at the edge of the lake, out of sight of Kabuto and Yuukimaru. She used her skills in fuinjutsu(sealing technique) to tie Isobu down.

Just about then, the effect of the pill ran out and Yuukimaru collapsed. The pulling force disappeared and we took a bit of distance.  

.

.

.

Saaya: Aira-san...was the test drive a success?

Aira: It is. We might just be able to pull it off. But I have to admit. This is going to be one crazy mission...and the most important part of it is making sure that we are untraceable.

If I remember right, Guren serves Orochimaru out of admiration and wanted to succeed in the 'capture the three-tails' mission so that Orochimaru would reconsider and use her as his next vessel instead of Uchiha Sasuke. Her crystal release was flawless. The only two ways to get around them would be Isobu's shockwaves and space manipulation ability, Itachi's Amaterasu and Obito's time-space jutsu. 

I'm going to have to face Guren's team, Konoha's team and the Akatsuki team consisting of Obito(Tobi) and Deidara. How troublesome...

The most perfect solution would be to wait for the Konoha forces to destroy Guren and her team. If the original plotline plays out, Naruto and Guren will team up together to save Yuukimaru and...Obito captures Isobu.

But considering the fact that I have already made considerable changes on my part, I could say with a certain degree of accuracy that the plotline was going to change. If this by itself wasn't troublesome, I also have to make sure that Obito does capture me...alive.

'Aira-san, the boy isn't doing so well...'

Is that so? If I remember rightly, Yuukimaru falls sick and Guren takes shelter with him against the rain and their bond grows stronger...I see. It is about time isn't it...for the Konoha to encounter Guren and start fighting with her. 

It is quite useful that Isobu can use telepathy with the other tailed beasts and Yuukimaru. It makes keeping a track of things so much easier. But I wonder...can Isobu actually convince Kurama(nine tails) to side with us? We would gain a wonderful ally that way...

Talking about Konoha, I knew their battle was going to be tough but unfortunately I have traps to lay...so I can't help Konoha with this battle. Not that they need it anyway.

.

.

.

Isobu and I waited patiently for Kabuto to use his newly improved pills. The real battle was about to start now.

Guren: N-No way...it's actually going to appear!

"W-What is?"

Kabuto: The Sanbi!

'A-Aira-san, are you alright?'

I've been better...this hurts a lot! I didn't think I'd get affected as well! I quickly put on a mask and prepared myself. I was going to keep calm no matter what happens...I will not lose myself and let Isobu take over...

Guren: Shouton : Suishou Rokkakuchuu(crystal element : Amethyst hexagonal prism)!

While I could keep Isobu's form sealed inside me(with a little help from Saaya),  I couldn't suppress his chakra anymore.

Guren: It's actually here! Yuukimaru is suppressing the Sanbi- Hey! Something is wrong with him! His nose is bleeding! What is happening?

Kabuto: Tsk...looks like even Yuukimaru cannot suppress the Sanbi...

Guren: What will happen if he cannot suppress it?

Kabuto: Our job is to make sure that doesn't happen!

It took my everything just to remain rational in this situation. My head was flooded with Isobu and Yuukimaru's screams. Undoubtedly they were in an insane amount of pain. And thanks to them, I was too.

Aira: Who dares to summon Isobu?

I made my voice sound as mysterious and scary as possible. I made the necessary hand seals and suppressed Yuukimaru's chakra. The boy collapsed on the boat and Guren rushed to his side. I was standing calmly on the water but Isobu's rage made huge waves surge forth.

Kabuto: Isobu has a jinchuriki? How come?

Aira: Are you sure that is what you need to be worried about right now? Hijutsu : Oto-kyū (secret technique : Sound sphere)!

Powered by Isobu's chakra...the shock waves resounded over the entire lake. This sensation of euphoria. Was this what true power felt like?

I could get drunk off this exhilarating feeling!

Kabuto: Guren! Seal that girl's movements! 

Guren: Don't order me around! Shouton : Oomiwatari no jutsu(crystal style : Long bladed crossway technique)! How's that?

An eerie maniacal laughter resounded. My laughter. Does Guren really think that something like this would stop me?

Aira: Nee Yakushi Kabuto, you seem to be pretty knowledgable. Why don't you teach your subordinates as well? Their stupidity annoys me. It doesn't matter how strong crystals are. If you break their molecular structure, they will crumble.

'A-Aira-san, what is wrong?'

Hm? There is nothing wrong...there is nothing wrong at all. I just thought they needed a taste of their own medicine. The memories of Sasuke and Yamato crossed my mind. Absolute scum who think they can do whatever they want just because they have the power... 

Kabuto: It seems like you harbor hatred towards Orochimaru-sama...

Aira: Ahahahaaa...hatred? No, this is me trying to show you that dictators always create their reason for downfall.

Kabuto looked plenty spooked. Well he obviously would be scared. He hadn't absorbed Orochimaru yet. He wouldn't be strong enough to fight Isobu.

'Aira-san...you hate him don't you?'

Hm...well I hate, despise and pity him. As someone who was weak before, he should understand what it is like to be weak and help others but instead...he uses other's weaknesses...he reminds me so much of the old me that it sickens me...

'I see...sorry...I thought that-'

That I'd lost myself in the power? Oh please...I've seen both animes : 'Death note' and 'Code Geass'. I know what happens when you get carried away with your powers and pretend to be justice. True justice doesn't need brute force.

I won't get carried away. I made that mistake in my old world and I am the type who learns from her mistakes.

So...don't worry Isobu-chan. I won't get power crazy or kill people. I am Ryuugamine Aira, the strategist from heaven.

But in this round...I'll show you what it means to lose the battle but win the war.