Chapter 5 : The requiem of Ryuugamine Aira

Aira P.O.V

~At an unknown location~

Itachi: Aira, it's time.

Aira: I see...go ahead.

Itachi: It doesn't bother you that the Akatsuki is going to end up killing the one whom you worked so hard for?

Aira: Hm? It's not that I consider Gaara a sacrifice for the world or something. Instead...

I looked down and found that my shirt was being stained red. My mark was bleeding...just like it always would whenever I tried to give away anime spoilers.

I clutched my chest. It hurts even more than it used to in the past. Does this mean that the more important the information I reveal, the more my mark will bleed?

That is quite troublesome.

Itachi: Aira?

I shook my head to clear my mind. I couldn't afford to show Itachi my weak side. He will only support me as long as I can help achieve the three things he desires. Keeping Sasuke safe. Killing Uchiha Madara and...bringing peace to the world.

Aira: Nothing. Rather than me explaining things, let me show it to you.

He raised an eye but said nothing.

It was time for him to contact the Akatsuki. I concealed my presence with the help of Isobu. Itachi opened the link and fell into deep concentration.

Here it was...

The Akatsuki was about to start the tailed-beast extraction. It would take them three full days to complete the Sealing Technique: Phantom Dragons Nine Consuming Seals...but since Sasori was now on the side of Sunagakure, it would take them half a day extra.

Plenty of time for me to head out and rescue Gaara...after he dies. If the original plot is maintained to a certain extent, then...Itachi and Kisame will soon head out to fight the Suna rescue force consisting of Team Guy and Team Kakashi.

.

.

.

'Aira, it is about to happen...you can start now.'

Aira: I see...Isobu...can you still maintain a link with Shukaku?

'That's going to be hard since his strength is fading away.'

Aira: Use the chakra in my body. I had suppressed Shukaku's chakra for a different purpose but if I can't save Gaara now...then it beats the purpose.

Isobu simply nodded and began to try and connect to Shukaku and Gaara.

My hands were shaking. A look in the mirror revealed me a completely unexpected side of me. It's a good thing no one is around to watch this pathetic side of me.

I was scared...

I was scared out of my mind!

H-How could I just watch Gaara die? What if my plan fails? What if I lose both Chiyo obaa-sama and Gaara?

'Aira, I got it. I've finally established the link between me and Shukaku. But please hurry. It might snap soon.'

There was no point in hesitating now... I have no other option but do what I set out to do!

Aira: I see...thank you Isobu. I'll try my best. I'll...get him back...I'll get Gaara back!

Gaara P.O.V

Gaara: Where am I? Is this...my hand?

I looked around. Blinding lights assaulted my vision. Am I...dead? I pictured heaven as a more peaceful place but...this place didn't seem like hell either...