Chapter 9 : Battling an 'invincible' zombie!

Aira: Futon: Kaze no ha(Wind style : Wind blade)!

Kakuzu made the same hand seals and created opposing wind blades. I clenched my teeth and dodged the oncoming blades. He's good...too good! Now how do I find a way to slip past his notice and use my 'moonlight reflection' move to slip out of his view?

Kakuzu: Are you done analysing me?

I looked at the four shadows that stood behind him. His four phantom puppets(or rather, that's what I call them) each had a different mask to represent fire, water, wind and lightning. With five lives in his hand, the only way to defeat him would be to kill him five times...which was going to be insanely hard!

Aira: The only way to kill you would be to kill your four phantom puppets right?

Kakuzu: Very sharp. You are absolutely right. Each one contains a heart taken from a shinobi I've killed. I was just thinking that I need backup stock and...the heart of a young girl like you would be perfect.

Aira: Ahahaa...you could have my heart but it won't do you any good. 

Kazuzu: Oh?

I felt over my heart. I'd always thought about it but...that seraph seal most likely damages my heart everytime I reveal the future. It was just a matter of how long it would last. Surprisingly, that thought hardly scared me. I've been through a lot since I came to this world and...I've already died once so I wasn't really scared. I just hoped that I'd be alive long enough to change this world's plotline.

Aira: By connecting their 'hearts' to your chakra system, you are able to harness their chakra natures...no wonder your ability is so wide...

kakuzu: You know of my abilities?

Aira: Indeed. I've been researching about you guys and...let's say I've been very successful. I know all about you. Your past, your present and...possibly your future!

I unsheathed my sword and rushed at him. Thank you Hayate-sensei...to think what you taught me all those years ago was still so useful. It's no wonder Yugao-san became ANBU at such a young age, especially if she had a wonderful teacher like you...

Kakuzu calmly blocked my attacks. His phantom puppets surrounded me and used a volley of attacks. I sliced through them cleanly. It was a wonderful choice to make my sword out of diamond. None of the chakra natures had any effects on it. My dear sword Raika was both my offense and defense.

kakuzu: I want that sword. It would definitely fetch a good price.

Aira: I guess it would if people knew what it is capable of but...I have no intentions of letting you take it!

After a few more rounds of ninjutsu battle between us, there was enough dust to hide and use my 'moonlight reflection move'(refer to Tales of a Gutsy ninja I) to hide myself.

I saw as a HUGE ball of fire hit my reflection. The ball of fire went right through the image. I smirked slightly as he eyes widened slightly. Did I just make Akatsuki's Kakuzu baffled?

Kakuzu: What just happened? Wasn't it a clone?

Aira: A prudent man never gets distracted from his battles! Raiton: Denki Hifu no Jutsu (Lightning style : Electric skin jutsu) ! 

I pierced right through his heart. Kakuzu spluttered and coughed out blood. Wow...and here I was beginning to think he was bloodless since below his grey threads all I could see was the black gunky substance.

Kakuzu:  W-What! B-But how did you?

Aira: Like I said. I have researched you guys.

I was acting cocky but truth be told, I was getting scared. It was so hard just to land one hit on him. Any place other than his heart was resistant to damage and his phantom puppets were always so close and fast that I had to keep a lookout in all directions. While Kakuzu had hardy moved since the beginning of the match, I had to constantly move to dodge attacks, not to mention slice through attacks with my sword. I was running low on physical strength and chakra. Sigh...I really should train outside and not just sit in and do paperwork...

Anyway, one life down,

Four more to go...        

.

.

.

Kakuzu had absorbed the phantom with the lightning mask...which means, he'll be able to use only fire, water and wind style jutsu. But even then, at this rate, I was going to get exhausted- 

'Aira-san, do you want me to help you?'

Hm? What do you mean Isobu? I can't use your tailed beast form! Using it would be like an invitation to Madara and Obito that I am a jinchuriki.

'But I can heal your injuries and provide you with chakra!'

Hm...but won't he try to takeover my body like Shukaku and Kurama do? I don't want to lose myself and turn into a tailed beast.

'N-No! I would never try to take over Aira-san! I wished to see beyond this fight...I want to see the peace you promised to bring so...it's only obvious I'll help you!'

Is that so? Then I see no reason to refuse his kind offer.

A gray chakra swerved around me and re-energized my tired muscles. In fact it was so cool and soothing that I couldn't help but let out a moan of relief. Kakuzu had a sour look on his face. 

Yugito, can you hear me?

'A-Aira! this guy is ridiculous! I made sure not to let his drink my blood like you asked but no matter how many times I kill him, he just won't die!'

Right...I did warn her but right now, all I could do was ask her to keep dodging and stay alive until I killed kakuzu four more times. I heard her groan in exhaustion but then it was unavoidable...at least we weren't being annihilated by them together!

.

.

.

I had managed to destroy his heart once more and this time he absorbed the water masked phantom puppet. Sigh...This ordeal was nerve wracking and tiring! Right now, all I wanted was to let all my frustration out and go 'Three-tails mode' on him! How I'd love to see the HUGE armoured turtle crush this 'never-dying' zombie!

I have to finish things up before Hidan kills Yugito!

'Aira-san, let me help you more.'

Help me more? I thought he needs to be in his full mode to use tailed beast bomb and stuff?

'It is so but shockwaves are my speciality. Why don't you use them instead?'

That...might just be a wonderful idea! If I remember right? During the Isobu capturing arc, Isobu's shockwaves negated all chakra based attacks! Not to mention Isobu's armour was extremely strong.

Nee Isobu, shall we test how strong our combo is?

'S-Sure! I'll do my best!'

I allowed more of the three tails chakra to overpower me. A thin scale-like substance covered my pale white skin and all of a sudden my hearing seemed infinitely enhanced. Woah...this felt so cool!

'Since my power is shock waves, let me help you use sound according to your will! If you close your eyes, it will enhance your perception of things around you! It's infinitely better than sight!'

All right then...let's give it a try, shall we?

Aira: If something has a beginning, it is only inevitable that it also has an end. That is why...as long as it exists, I can even kill god!

(A/N: That was a quote by Ryogi Shiki from Kara no Kyoukai!)