Chapter 13 : A reunion with the Kazekage

It wasn't very hard sapping Guren off her chakra. Kabuto was being very evasive...he was doing absolutely nothing to support her. Yuukimaru was losing his strength but at least Isobu was reducing his agony...but I could still hear the boy's screams echoing inside my head.

"W-What the hell is this?"

"A girl? A girl was the source of this intense chakra?"

"N-Naruto...she is a jinchuriki of Sanbi!"

Aira: Oh? More players on the field?

Uzumaki Naruto was finally here...with two of his toad summons. But what shocked me was the chakra I sensed. Naruto wasn't the only one who came here...apparently someone else came here as well. Someone whose chakra I knew too well.

Guren: Gozu...take Yuukimaru and run away!

Yuukimaru: You know...I finally found my home. I want to protect it!

Aira: Yuuki...maru?

Before I could realize what was happening, Yuukimaru tried to supress Isobu all by himself without the help of Kabuto's pills. Since I was Isobu's jinchuriki, it meant that Yuukimaru was effectively rendering me powerless.

I knew that the plotline was bound to change but...I didn't expect Yuukimaru to face me all by himself!

'A-Aira-san, we must retreat for now!'

Before I could reply at all, Isobu caused a huge wave that swept everyone away. It almost reminded me of the time I had sought Isobu with the aim of becoming his jinchuriki. Finally, I sat down to take rest while Isobu covered the entire area with a dense fog. The fog causes hallucinations so...I suppose I was safe for now.

'Aira-san are you alright?'

Yeah..I am. But thanks to the fog, tracing Isobu's chakra will be easier. But I needed this break. I didn't expect Yuukimaru to lash out like that and...my head was still buzzing from the after effects. Not to mention, I wasn't psychologically at my best because...a certain person was nearby.

'A certain person?'

Sabaaku no Gaara. Perhaps he came to act as the reinforcement of the Konoha team. Tsk...things are getting more complicated than necessary...

.

.

.

Naruto and Kakashi were fighting Guren. Shizune, Sakura, Hinata and Ino were searching for me. I could sense one of Kabuto's henchmen observing them and...Obito observing all of us. Talk about nerve wracking.

"Kekkai shihou fuujin : Baku(Four corner sealing barrier : BIND)!

'A-Aira-san...are you sure you really want to do this? You'll end being sealed with me, you know!'

Not if we time it right. The seal surrounded me even when I was underwater and...all the shock waves did was waver the Konoha team's balance. They were so proficient in chakra control that they could maintain their focus.

I have two teleportation tags. They are insanely hard to make and are based on Senju Tobirama's teleportation jutsu...not Minato's flying god jutsu so...the tags in itself wouldn't be so effective but...I should be able to make do with it.

If I was going to face Konoha, then I'd better do it before Obito pitches into the arena as well.

Aira: Ninja from Konohagakure, why do you attack?

I masked my voice hoping that Kakashi wouldn't find out. I expected Shizune to answer.

Kakashi: The villages of Sunagakure and Konohagakure wish to interrogate you with regards to who you are, how you became the jinchuriki of Sanbi and how you evaded the Akatsuki uptil now. Ryuugamine Aira was its previous know jinchuriki and was killed by the Akatsuki.

Aira: And yet you think I am not with the Akatsuki because...the Akatsuki would have captured and extracted my tailed beast instead of teaming with me?

Gaara: Precisely. Who are you and...how did you procure the tailed beast from Aira?

G-Gaara...he almost looked like his former self, leaking killing intent. What was wrong with him? Why was he so intent on searching for me? Is it because of guilt?

But it looks like Gaara has not realized who I am.

Aira: I am Ouka. Would you believe me if I said that Ryuugamine Aira sealed the tailed beast in me?

Gaara: H-Huh? Then where is she?

Aira: Don't you already know the answer to that question?

Gaara P.O.V

The first lead we found after Aira' 'disappearance'. This woman named Ouka...she had long silvery hair and red eyes that gleamed through the mask. It was astounding how much she was in control with the Sanbi(three tails). She could release shockwaves and...create real tidal waves as well.

She could use a mist to cover up her location and...cause hallucinations that make the enemies attack one another. I should know...I almost mistook Naruto for Itachi. In my hallucination, I saw Itachi murder Aira right in front of me. It was just...it made me snap.

Gaara: When did you meet Aira?

Did Aira know that she would be attacked? It was common sense to go after the opponent's strategist and medical support first. But...how early did she know that she would be killed? Why didn't she do anything to save herself? How did she meet Ouka? How did this Ouka woman avoid the Akatsuki so far?

Aira: When do you think?

Gaara: I am asking the questions!

Aira: Not everyone is bound to serve you, you know, Lord Kazekage. I don't know why are inquiring after Aira-san but...leave me out of it. I have no intentions of going anywhere.

Gaara: I will have you answer my questions and...I'll do so by force if I have to! Sand shuriken!

Ouka was really good at fighting and was dodging my attacks with ease but for some reason, she looked at me with sad eyes.

I need to defeat this Ouka woman to get the answer to all those questions I have.

When Itachi kidnapped Aira, why didn't he surrender the three-tails to the Akatsuki?

How did Ouka know Aira? When did Aira manage to seal Isobu inside Ouka?

But the most important question that kept lingering in my mind... I knew this was just wishful thinking...jinchurikis die when the tailef beasts are extracted from them. The fact that Ouka had Isobu meant that Aira was definitely dead...

But why couldn't I shake off the feeling that...Aira was still here?