Chapter 4 : Kazekage rescue mission

Aira P.O.V

Aira: Chiyo obaa-sama, how is Kankuro?

Chiyo: He's doing better. It is a good thing that you made the Tsunade-hime send quality ninjas...though I wasn't expecting a genin and few chunins. At least that Sakura brat is good at fundamentals...

Sakura: Thank you Chiyo obaa-

Chiyo: It's chiyo-sama to you. Only those I consider my grandkids can call me that.

Sakura: C-Chiyo-sama then...

Sakura was in for a surprise if she thought that chiyo obaa-sama was a kind, sweet old lady. Chiyo obaa-sama was just as obstinate(if not more) as Tsunade Senju. I chuckled slightly and walked out. The council was waiting in the next room.

Tojuro: Aira-dono! Just what is going on? Our Kazekage-

Baki: Calm down council members. Aira, can you tell us the about the situation.

Aira: We were faced with three-sided attack. Deidara, formerly of Iwagakure was ordered to capture the one-tail's jinchuriki, Gaara. His assistant, a puppet is none other than Akasuna no Sasori formerly of Sunagakure. The third assailant was also from the Akatsuki and was aiming for...me. They didn't appreciate my joke when I spread the rumor that I am in touch with Sasori. Nonetheless...part of plan succeeded in an unexpected way. Sasori himself came to diffuse the situation and we now have the puppet in our control. He would be a great addition to Chiyo obaa-sama's offensive capabilities. This was a success but...I couldn't capture the third assailant.

Yura: So Sasori was captured, the third assasilant ran away and...Deidara succeeded in kidnapping Kazekage-sama?

Aira: Yes. I want to start the preparations for rescuing-

Joseki: Aira-dono with all respects...perhaps...it's better we appoint another Kazekage instead of-

"The hell are you talking about, you-"

Kakashi: Naruto! Not now! Keep quiet! Aira-sama, Joseki-sama, apologies...

Aira: It's all right. Uzumaki Naruto is right. We need to get Gaara back. He would have won a one-on-one battle with Deidara. He lost because he had to protect the village.

Joseki: So? Are you telling that we rescue him because he was loyal to the village? The boy made the right decision. He placed the village over everything. We need to do the same.

Naruto: So you won't even try to rescue Gaara? Then why the hell did you call-

I quickly went beside Naruto and punched him in the abdomen. With all the air knocked out of him, he fell into my arms. I laid him down on my lap.

Aira: It is precisely for the village's sake that we need to save Gaara. It will make Sungakure look weak if others find out that Suna cannot even protect it's kage, the person who has maximum security and importance. Besides...Gaara is the best Kage Sunagakure can ask for...it is precisely because of his loyalty that we should get him back. Or...are you simply against him because Gaara is a jinchuriki?

Joseki: That might be part of the reason but Aira-dono, you will make a better kage and all of us are willing to support you. Someone with your brains and loyalty...

Aira:  I have no intentions of becoming the kazekage. A strategist is a supporter. Not a ruler. I am meant to stay in the shadows and that is where I shall stand. Now...if no one has further objections...I request Team Kakashi and Team Guy to assist us in the Kazekage rescue mission. I shall make sure to reward Tsunade-hime amply for her assistance.

Kakashi: Sure. The konoha ninjas are ready on standby but are you sure you want to sent a team of chuunins on an A rank mission? If you sent an official request, you could get better support from Konoha.