•1• Excuse For The Escape

Be sure to go read my book "Bad Things" first!

The bell had just rang. All classes were over for everyone, except for the ones who have detention.

        Maya had gone to detention before for far more worse things than she was in for today. But today's problem was super simple. It probably didn't even count as "detention worthy". All she did, was slam her locker shut. Josh didn't actually do anything. He's just taking the blame for his "girlfriend". His girlfriend "accidentally" pushed a girl down the stairs. Technically, Josh didn't want to take the blame, but his girlfriend literally forced him to.

They each hung out by their lockers individually.

        Maya finally got to detention (5 minutes after it was supposed to start). The teacher was sitting on his desk, waiting for both of them to come. Josh still wasn't here, though. 10 Minutes later, Josh comes. He sat down right behind Maya. "Since one of you came 5 minutes late and the other cane 15 minutes late, you'll both owe me that time back after the original time detention was supposed to end." Mr. Carson said. Josh stood up and said "I got places to be! I actually have a life unlike-" "Not another Mr. Matthews. Not another word." Mr. Carson said interrupting Josh.

When Josh put his feet on the desk that he was currently sitting at, it startled Maya because of the noise. "Matthews, feet off." Josh took his feet off. The teacher's phone started ringing. "Yeah?... Now?... Okay.. Yeah I know, I know." He said to whoever he was talking to. "You two, stay here. I'll be back in just 2 minutes. I have to go deal with something." The teacher grabbed his coat and left.

        Josh got up and went to the window. "What are you doing". Maya said looking at him and then back at the door. He chuckled. "You seriously think he just randomly got that phone call, the day I'm here?" "So, what? You're just sneaking out?"  "Pretty much... You coming?" Maya hesitated for a second. "Hold up." She grabbed her stuff and climbed out. Luckily it was on the first floor so it would be easier, but since she was holding her bag, it wasn't as easy. But Josh held her hand and helped her. When he grabbed her hand, it was awkward at first but they knew they had to leave quick.

        They started walking straight and then Josh stopped walking. "What!" Maya noticed that he stopped. "Let's take the other way. I know a shortcut." He said quickly. He grabbed Maya's hand and started speed walking the other way. At first, they were both weirded out/awkward about it. But eventually they started walking. The shortcut involved going through an alley. "Sorry we had to go this way. The other way was trouble." He said letting go of her hand slowly, and awkwardly. "Yeah, cause two guys aren't as scary as an alley." Maya said sarcastically. Josh playfully rolled his eyes.

A couple of seconds later, Josh asked Maya if she was going to Riley's. She said yes. "I'll drop you off then." Maya was shocked. "Okay... But how do you know where she lives?" She asked curiously." "She lives in the same building as me, and on the same floor." He answered casually. Then it was silence. Suddenly, Josh's phone went off. He checked the caller ID, and said "stay quiet for one minute okay?" He answered his phone. "Yeah, babe?... I'm just walking home with May- I mean Michael... Yeah but I'm not free today. I have to... Get tutored... Maya... K. But I gotta talk to you about something tomorrow. Yeah, bye." He let out a frustrated groan. "What was that about? And why'd you say my name in that conversation? How come you-" "Can I explain?" He interrupted her.

Author's Note:
This is my first ever Joshaya story! Read, Vote, Comment and share this story please. Thanks😊😇