•55• The Call That Helps It All

BTW, Darien is played by Bradley Steven Perry (Sabrina's Ex in real life)

It's 2 weeks further into the future. And Maya and Josh were actually doing good as just friends. Whenever Maya was going to Riley's place, she'd sometimes accidentally run into Josh. And for them, it's not awkward anymore. Sometimes they'd even stop and have little conversations. Maya and Darien never spoke since the incident at Topanga's. And that gave Maya some time to think about what she wanted, and now she knows. She called Darien for probably the millionth time. And he finally picked up.

D: Hello?

M: Hey

D: I've been meaning to talk to you

M: Yeah, me too.

D: I think we should just be friends now. I don't wanna ruin anything.

M: Yeah. I was thinking that too. But can we still hangout sometimes? Like friends do?

D: Of course. Hey, I have to go. I'm at work right now.

M: Okay bye.

Maya hung up as she entered Topanga's. Maya got her usual drink and was about to head out but then saw Josh sitting down. Maya walked over and sat next to him.

*Awkward Silence* Until. "Look, Maya. Your boyfriend seems like a nice guy. I've never met  him yet, but I know he must be special because you let him into your life. You know how to choose the right people for your life. You and him seem like a great couple, I didn't ask to be friends with you to ruin that." Josh told her while looking into her eyes.

Maya sat up to look at his as well. "There is no me and him. I love you. He never talked to me in a while and that gave me time to think. I decided that me and him are good as just friends. And me and you..." Maya trailed off getting lost in his blue eyes. So Josh kissed her. They separated so Maya could say something. "Do you still love me?" Josh tucked a piece of Maya's hair behind her ear. "Who said I stopped?" Josh asked metaphorically.

1 year later, they were celebrating the day they met, 5 years ago. It was a great night, Josh made so many romantic gestures and to end the night he gave a huge speech about how he loves her. And then, he got down on one knee and asked the question that will change their life. "Maya Penelope Hart Hunter, will you marry me?" Maya shed a tear. They kissed while he picked her up and spun her around. "So...?" He asked "yes!" And they continued to kiss.

Later on, Maya got an audition with broadway because of Darien. Because he works behind the scenes at Broadway. And now she is a Broadway Star and Legend. Josh is an Artist in Residence for one of the best Art Museums in New York.

Maya and Josh were grateful of their lives because of the gift they had and the gift was each other. And they were never going to throw it away.

The End!!!