•43• What?

Maya opened her letter and saw that she didn't get accepted. She told everyone. "Oh honey, I'll-I'll go make you some soup, alright?" Topanga asked her. "It's not gonna change. I knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up." Maya replied. "No. This doesn't make sense. I got worse marks than you until my senior year. I even had to re-do two years of high school." Josh said. And then it went silent, until Josh suddenly remembered and spoke up. "Well... You still have this." And he pulled out her Juilliard letter. "Josh how did you get that?" Maya asked. "The bigger question is: Why didn't you tell me?" Josh asked. And that sure made Maya stop.

Josh wasn't mad, but he did feel a little betrayed. "Listen. I'm not mad, but... Why didn't you tell me though?" Josh questioned. Maya sighed. "I was gonna tell you. But, I was gonna tell you after I got the NYU letter. I'm sorry. Forgive me?" Maya held her arms up to hug him after she asked that. "Of course."Now, you have a letter to open up." Josh said after hugging her. Maya was about to pick up the letter, but stopped herself. "What's wrong?" Riley asked. "I can't open it. I don't wanna get my hopes up, just to fail like I did with the NYU letter." "So you're not gonna open it?" "No." Maya relied. It went silent for two seconds until Riley looked and nodded at Josh. "Okay. Then I'll open it." Josh said as he quickly snatched it back from her. He opened part of it, when suddenly, Maya jumped on his back.

Maya snatched the letter again and took the letter out because Josh took the seal off.

"Dear Maya Penelope Hart Hunter,

We'd like to congratulate you on your academic achievement of acceptance into Juilliard. Your vocal audition was outstanding. However, due to your grade point average back in your Freshman year and the first semester of Sophomore year, we were unable to give you a full scholarship. Luckily, your improvement from the beginning of Junior and Senior year helped contribute to our decision to give you a half scholarship."

Maya got off of Josh's back as they hugged. "That's great." Riley said. Then, each Riley, Cory, Topanga and Auggie hugged her as Josh was playfully pushed onto the couch(like on GMW in 2X06, just switched). Everyone was saying stuff like "Yay! Congrats!" And etc. And Auggie said "I don't know what this means!" While still smiling. After that, Riley said "We should throw a party. Because not only did Maya get into Juilliard... But I got into NYU!!!" Everyone then hugged Riley. "Let's have the party Saturday night, alright?" Topanga asked. "Sure." Maya and Riley said together. Josh got a call and it was his mom. His mom alarm him to get ready quickly because he had to meet with some old family friends. He had totally forgot with the whole "Maya-Juilliard-NYU" thing. He told everyone that he had to go. And Maya kissed him before he left. They weren't gonna make that big of w deal for the party. Just a get together at the Matthews' apartment. They were also gonna set up a few decorations on the roof, because they knew that people would want to go up there.

After talking about the party, about 10 mins after Josh left, Maya went back home to talk to her mom and Shawn about the letters(NYU and Juilliard) and her University plan. She talked it over and told them about her half-scholarship. They were more than happy because they were proud that she even got part of a scholarship.