36 -

Author's Note:

In this story, Josh's mother is played by Holly Marie Combs. But not her regular version. The version of her on Pretty Little Liars. That's why in the chapter where Maya met Josh's mother, her name was Ella. But her last name isn't Montgomery in this story. As I've mentioned before, her name is Ella Matthews.

Maya and Josh were heading in one direction and Riley and Farkle were heading in the other one... this could get fun.

5 Minutes After They all Entered The Haunted House:

They all got out from the same place they came in from and found it weird that the entrance was also the exit. But they just shrugged it off. As soon as they all got out, Riley said "Peaches. We need to talk." "Okay" Maya said confused but then told Josh she'll message him later. Maya and Riley went to Riley's place, while Josh and Farkle wanted to hang out because they never really did hang out alone before.

Riley told Maya the whole truth. She told her about what happened at the dance. And she also told her that she kissed Farkle in the Haunted House. Maya told Riley to talk to her mom about this. This situation was rare. The situation where Maya never knew what to do. Maya was going to tell Lucas. But didn't know when to.

Later in The Year(On the Last Day of May):

Josh had already gotten a letter from NYU saying that he had been put on the wait list. And he was also informed that today was the day he was going to get his second letter from NYU telling him if he officially got in or not.

Maya was about to knock on Josh's front door when a mailman came with a letter for Josh. He was about to knock on the door when Maya asked him "Is that for Joshua Gabriel Matthews?" The mailman looked at the letter to check. "Yup." "Is it from NYU?" Maya asked curiously. "Uhh... yeah." The mailman said after checking again. "I'll give that to him." "How do I know I can trust you? For all I know, you could be his biggest enemy. I'm sorry miss, but I can only give this to him or family of his." He told her. Just then, Josh's mom walked out of Josh's apartment, as if on cue. "Are you part of the family of Joshua Gabriel Matthews?" He asked Josh's mom. She nodded and then said "Yes, I'm his mother." "Then you can give this to him." The mailman replied while giving her the letter. "Alright. Thank you." Said Ella as the mailman left. "Let me guess. You wanna give this to him?" Ella asked Maya. Maya just nodded. Ella gave the letter to Maya while saying "Well I have to get to work, no matter what happens, tell Josh I love him and I'll see him tonight when I'm back from work. Have a nice day, Maya." "You too." Maya replied as the door closed. Maya ran to Riley's apartment and walked in. Everyone was on the couch accept for Riley who was in the kitchen waiting for the popcorn to finish popping. "GUYS! Josh's letter came in." Maya told them. "How do you have it?" Cory asked. "Long story." Maya replied simply. Maya got her phone out really quickly and called Josh.

Phone Convo:

J: Hey, Babe.

M: Hey, Babe. Come over to Riley's right now

J: Can't right now. I'm staying home the whole day because my NYU letter is coming today.

M: Just come. You won't regret it.

J: Alright, fine. But only because I love you.

M: Love you too.

End Of Convo. A few seconds later, Josh walked in and asked "What's going on? Why'd you need me here?" Maya then pulled the letter from behind her. "You want it? Come and Get It!" She screamed as Josh chased her around the Matthews' apartment's living room. And as he was chasing her around the Matthews' family apartment's living room, she sang the chorus to "Come and Get it" by Selena Gomez. Josh finally got the letter, then Maya jumped on his back. Everyone was watching and smiling at how cute they were. "Get off of me MY little ferret!" Josh said playfully. "Give it!" Maya replied. "It's my life." "It affects me too!" Maya added as she finally got the letter and opened it while still on his back. "Dear applicant Boing-" Maya said but was interrupted by Josh who said "It doesn't say that" playfully. Maya continued "This year we are only taking married applicants!" "It doesn't say that" Josh protested playfully again. "So... We regret to inform you that-" Maya stopped herself and heard Josh say/ask "Regret to inform me?" Maya then read it out loud again "We regret to inform you that you will be spending the next four years at NYU with Maya!!!"

As Maya was let down from Josh's back, he asked "I got in?" just to be sure. Maya nodded while saying "I'm so proud of you". And he lifted her as they hugged. Everyone came up to them to Congratulate Josh. Josh hugged everyone then Auggie came up to him and looked up at Josh with his cute innocent eyes while trying to smile at him, waiting to see what was going to happen. Josh and Auggie haven't ever really come across to meet each other officially. "Congrats." Auggie Said while looking down sadly and walked into his room. Josh felt terrible about what he had just witnessed. He's been spending more time with Maya, taking her away from Riley. And recently, he had been trying to become closer with Riley as a sister, and by doing that, he hadn't realized it before, but he had accidentally been taking Riley away from Auggie. And on top of that, he had never taken the time to actually get to know Auggie.

Awkward silence for a few seconds... until Riley and Maya and looked at each other and nodded because they were both thinking the same thing. No one knew what they were up to except for them two.

Author's Note:

I made this chapter extra long because of all of the time you've all had to wait, so because of this long chapter, the next chapter might be a little shorter than most of my other chapters... So... Yeah! Oh, and also, I have a special surprise for you guys in the next chapter. It's gonna be in the Author's Note: