•27• The End Starts A New Beginning

Summer was ending, and it was now the last day of summer. It was a Monday and school would start on the next day. Maya and Josh decided to both apply for NYU. It wasn't that
simple though. They both had to start raising their marks if they wanted to get in.

        Josh is now about to start his Senior and Final year of high school. While Maya is starting her Junior year of high school. And although Maya would sometimes get C's and rarely D's, Josh would ALWAYS get D's. But Maya had a good plan for helping both of them improve their grades.

The next day, was the first day of school. Josh was at his locker, talking to two of his friends. They left as he was finishing to put some of his books in his locker. Maya started walking towards him from the other end of the hallway. All of a sudden, Josh's ex girlfriend, Veronica, leaned on the lockers next to him. He rolled his eyes. "Oh, what, Joshie? You don't remember what being with me was like? I can show you." She said as she leaned in to kiss Josh. But Josh knew what she was like so he moved to the side, closed his locker and walked to Maya. He put his arm around her as he walked her to class.

As he was walking her to class, with his arm around her, everyone quietly whispered things about Josh and Maya among themselves. Josh stopped after he got tired of it. "What the f**k are you guys looking at? Keep looking and then you won't be able to." Josh said and then went back to talking to Maya. When he said that, everyone else continued to talk about their other conversations before they started whispering/gossiping about Josh and Maya.

Maya and Josh came to Maya's class. She sat down and Josh said "Later, babe." "Later" she replied as they kissed for about 6-7 seconds. They were gonna kiss for longer but they were interrupted by the bell. Maya heard it, pulled away and said "Now you're gonna be late." She fake pouted and smiled. "It's worth it." Josh added with one more kiss, it was a light peck this time.

He went over to his class and sat down. He sat down in the second row. A few seconds later, he got a note. It read "Dude. What the hell are you doing up front? Come back here." He already knew who it was from. It was from Darien. He's one of the guys from Josh's group. His group always sat in the fourth row, which is basically the back row. Josh looked back and shook his head "No". Then they rolled their eyes.

Darien waiting for the teacher to start writing on the chalkboard. Once she did, he made the guy in the third row switch places with him for just 2 dollars. Now Darien was currently behind Josh. He looked over and noticed that Josh was secretly texting Maya under his desk. Darien was reading the messages they sent to each other. The more texts Darien read, the more he felt that Josh was going soft.

Josh and Maya sat together at lunch. Some of the texts between Maya and Josh, that Darien read, was them making plans for a lunch date. They also planned to eat a nice Caesar Salad. Everyone in Josh's group was fed up with him and Maya. They heard that he and Maya were dating and in love. So he became "soft". Or at least that's what they think. So now that they know that Maya and Josh were together, they had something in mind to make him how he used to be again.

Author's Note:

There's a huge plot twist on the next Chapter!!! I've been planning it since the beginning! Comment what you think the plot twist is!