35 - What Happens At The Dance, Stays At The Dance

The day of the dance has arrived. It was on a Friday. Everyone was ready and met up at Riley's apartment. Everyone was there except for Josh. And they were supposed to leave by now. Everyone was waiting for him. All of a sudden, Maya got a text from him saying "Bring everyone down, babe". Maya told and showed everyone the message and they all went down. They were in the lobby. Josh was there with a corsage and a huge smile plastered on his face, but when he saw Maya, he was in awe of her beauty. 

It matched her dress. "This isn't prom. Why'd you get a corsage?" Maya asked after she gave him a hug. "You deserve the best." He told her then kissed her forehead. Then he said hi to everyone and noticed the little hint of sadness in Riley's eyes, but she had to stay happy for her best friend. And then he remembered something. "Oh. Riley, I almost forgot. Before Lucas left, he asked me to give this to you before the dance started." And he gave her a necklace with the letter R.

When they all got to the dance, everyone danced to the upbeat song called "Stand Out" (By Sabrina Carpenter in real life). Everyone was having a great time.

Soon after, Farkle asked Smackle if he could dance with Riley because this was his and Riley's favourite song. They danced until the song ended, and when it did, another song played.  & it was a slow song. "Wanna dance to this song too?" Farkle asked. "Aren't you here with Smackle? You two should be dancing to this song together." Riley responded. "She's in the restroom." Farkle simply responded. "Alright." Then Riley started slow dancing with Farkle, as Maya and Josh continued to slow dance. Riley suddenly leaned in and so did Farkle. Then... it happened. They kissed. Riley was lost in the moment for a few seconds as they continued to kiss, but then she suddenly snapped to reality and pushed herself off of Farkle. "This isn't right. You and Smackle are dating, me and Lucas... love each other." Riley was almost questioning whether she still loved Lucas after what had just happened.

Riley and Farkle stood there staring at each other for a few seconds until from the corner of her eye, Riley saw Smackle looking around for Farkle. Riley then quickly walked away.

Later in the year, it came around to October. Riley and Farkle made a pact to never mention their kiss. At first, it was awkward and they were always acting awkward around each other. But then people got suspicious and they decided to pretend that it never even happened. Anyways, It was currently October 29th and Maya and Josh were watching a Halloween movie. Well, it was more of just a horror movie. They were watching "A Nightmare On Elm Street" (The 2010 version). They knew the movie was kinda old, but it was one of their favourite movies. They started watching it at around 8:00 PM. And it ended at around 9:30-9:45. Shawn agreed that Josh could spend the night. As long as him and Maya were in opposite rooms. Maya let Josh sleep on her bed while she slept on the sofa. They were arguing that the other person should get the couch until Shawn finally let them both Sleep in Maya's room. One person on the bed, and one person on a mattress, as long as the door to her room was wide open.

The next day, after school, Josh, Maya, Riley, Farkle, Lucas, Smackle, and Zay were all supposed to go through the haunted house. Lucas cancelled and never even bothered to tell any of them as to why he canceled.

Smackle and Zay cancelled because Smackle doesn't like Halloween. Zay also doesn't like Halloween, but he doesn't like to admit it. There was a point when Maya and Josh were split up from Riley and Farkle. Maya asked Josh if she could get a piggy back ride from him as they were walking in the Haunted House. He obviously said yes. So now it was Riley and Farkle going in one direction, and Josh and Maya going in the opposite one... This could get fun.

Author's Note:

The next chapter may not count as a Halloween chapter to you guys, but it does to me. But don't worry, I'll still update another Halloween chapter.