•30• Party

It came to Friday, and Maya had heard about the party. Literally everyone at the school knew. But everyone wasn't going to be going. Josh's group finally decided that it was gonna be an invite only party. Maya and Riley got invited as well. But Lucas and Farkle didn't get invited. Riley didn't want to go and she tried her best to convince Maya not to go. And it worked. Or so she thought. Maya snuck out because she just had to talk to Josh and she knew that he invited her. She also had to sneak out because the party started at 10. And she knew that Riley would be asleep by then. Maya left, quickly went home and changed really quickly.

Maya went over to Darien's house because that's where the party was being held. She entered and saw the whole house filled already with so many people, and they were drinking. She walked straight and saw Josh's group all laughing and holding a beer. Each of them were repeatedly taking sips of their alcohol, except for Josh. His bottle was still full and he never took a sip. And each of them were with a girl. Josh was with a short blonde. Maya rolled her eyes because she knew what that meant. She walked over to them, turned Josh to face her, and then said "We need to talk." He didn't hesitate to let go of the other girl's hand and walk away to talk to Maya. Maya and Josh came to a corner of the room.

"Why'd you invite me and Riley?" Maya questioned seriously. "What are you talking about? I didn't-" Josh got cut off when Maya said "then who did?" "Max." Maya was speechless after Josh told her that. "Wait. I thought you didn't want to be together anymore because I'm 3 years older than you?" Josh asked and smirked. "I..." Maya couldn't think of anything and she couldn't deny it.

Josh chuckled but then got serious again and said "Maya. I want you to know, that I still do love you. And that I'd never do anything to hurt your feelings on purpose. And why can't we be together? 3 years isn't that much." Maya sighed. "Josh. It's not that you are 3 years older than me... It's that you didn't tell me that you're three years older than me." That made Josh go silent. A tear formed in each of Maya's eyes. She put her right hand to the back of his head, near his neck and ran her fingers through some of his hair. Josh loved when she did that, and Maya loved doing it. Maya kissed Josh's cheek and then said "Goodbye, Josh." She walked away after that.

She left. But she regretted it so much. She didn't want to leave him. And on top of that, she didn't want to become the one who leaves. But she knew that she just pushed him away, and it was too late to go back to him now.

Maya went to her house and although she wanted to cry, she was really happy because she invited Riley over for a girls night, but only for like 2-3 hours because Riley was asleep. And so Maya knew that if she went to the Matthews' house hold, they'd all know and they'd do something like give her a huge important talk about how to be safe and how guys like that are bad news and to from now on, stay away from them. Also that Cory would probably threaten to do something to Josh, and so would Lucas. And she didn't want Josh getting hurt.

Riley came over with a pillow, 5 movies, and a stuffed bag. Riley knocked on Maya's door, Maya opened it, and they both walked to her room. "What's in your bag? Why's it so stuffed?" Maya asked eating some of the popcorn she made for the movies. Riley stuttered "What-I-I-I just brought some extra popcorn." Maya knew something was up, but she just shrugged it off.

Later on, they decided to watch Charlie St. Cloud. Because they LOVE Zac Efron and Dave Franco in it. They cried when Sam died. Eventually, about 20 mins before the movie ended, Maya looked over at Riley and checked if she was sleeping... Which she was. So then Maya checked Riley's bag and saw something she didn't expect to see...