Mud Creek Swamp

We all ran after Martana, who lead the way. I felt pretty light after saying what I had wanted to say and getting some answers... however... There was still the possibility of Martana lying to us and leading us into a trap.

I understood when Lorraine practically yelled at me to not let my guard down around her even if I did know her for six years. I remember how Star just stared as Lorraine screamed in my ear as Martana watched with an amused look on her face, while munching down on a piece of bread that Star had gave her.

Ah, I think my ear still hurts from all that yelling... I sighed inwardly. I knew I deserved it, but still...! He could've at least been generous enough to yell away from my ear.

After a few more miles of seemingly endless running throughout this empty grassy plain, I started to get bored. And maybe arrogant that nothing would happen until we reach the demon base. We continued our running spree, as I yawned.

"Hey, how many miles left until we make- ACK!" Before I could finish asking I smacked face first into a tree.

I heard Lorraine laugh and Star scurry over to me. "Dumb ass." Martana commented with a small sound of her chuckling.

I moved my face towards her, which I assumed was probably flattened from my crash landing with a tree. The first object I had crashed into was a door, and now the second object I crashed into is a tree... A flipping tree....

As I had expected, I saw that glint in her eyes again. The one that meant that she was gonna laugh at my face again... I scowled at her, which, unintentionally, made her burst into laughter.

Seriously, why is my crashing into things so damn funny for her?! Lorraine laughed along side her, which only pissed me off more.

I tried to ignore them, looking around to see a forest behind the tree I slammed into. Another forest?! What is with all these forests?! Is our planet some kind of haven for forests?! I screamed inwardly, annoyed at the sight of all the trees we've been to.

Soon enough, however, I remembered that Aira had said that there was one large forest that spread around and over this whole planet. I sighed. "Joy... more forests..." I muttered, moving away from the tree.

"To tell you the truth, Martyr, this is a swamp. The outer layer is just surrounded by trees, so it's not very noticeable right away." Martana commented.

I turned to see that she and the others were leaning over the map we had. I saw a small label, which was apparently where we are since Star was pointing at it, that said 'Mud Creek Swamp'. I blinked, rereading the name.

Mud Creek Swamp? "So, wait a second.. is there supposed to be some kinda muddy creek somewhere in that swamp?" I asked, confused by the name.

Lorraine rolled his eyes at me. "Yeah right, idiot. There is definitely a creek in that swamp somewhere that's covered in mud, because that's a natural thing that's constantly found in swamps." He said sarcastically.

I leaned over to Star. "Can I punch him in the nose now?" I whispered. Star let out a dry laugh.

She gave me a small  smile. "Not yet, okay? Once we get a chance to relax, then you can punch him in the nose, okay?" She whispered back, seemingly giving up on trying to prevent us from fighting.

"Well, the base, and where Loliana is are on the other side of this swamp. So let's stop chatting an get moving!" Martana grinned, looking ready to fight.

We all nodded, and proceeded into the swamp. As soon as we set foot in the swamp, an over powering stench filled the air. 

I heard Lorraine snort in disgust from beside me, and Martana growl in irritation. Star simply plugged her nose with her fingers like I did.