Cloud Strife x Reader-Ironic

You loved him. There was no denying it. You loved everything about him; his spiky hair, his glowing blue eyes, his voice, and even the way he dressed. However, sadly, you were 95% sure he didn't feel the same way about you. There was no denying that either. You knew he only saw you as a companion and someone to talk to. Although he was somber, quiet, and reserved, it made you even more attracted to him and soon, grew to be fond of him no matter what he did.

Today was just like any other day. The sky was covered by a blanket of grey clouds and the weather was perfect. You sat on one of the tables at the Seventh Heaven Bar where you worked as a bar tender along with Tifa. You looked out the windows to see everyday people walking on the streets going to their destinations. Meanwhile Tifa was cleaning the counter and the cups before the bar opened for the day. Your daydreaming was interrupted by the sound of a door upstairs creaking and loud footsteps walking over the roof. Cloud was up.

You turned your head to see the blonde coming down the steps and scratching his head.

"Morning, Cloud," you and Tifa say.

"Morning," he said in his indifferent voice. You let out a soft sigh. He never smiled. Whenever you tried to make him smile, he would always look at you with a blank expression or didn't even look at you at all. It hurt. A lot. Your gloomy thoughts were again interrupted by Cloud walking past you.

"I'm going out," was all he said before going out of the bar. You and Tifa looked at each other and shook your heads. She looked at the clock.

"We still have about half an hour before opening. Why don't you go clean the rooms upstairs," Tifa suggested. You got up and headed upstairs. You were glad you had something to do to kill the time. You checked Marlene's and Denzel's room first. They were still sound asleep in their beds. You thought they were so cute and no doubt would probably make a good couple when they grew up. You didn't dare go in Tifa's room, you knew it would be spotless. And your room too. So, the only room to check was Cloud's. You've been in his room dozens of times, but for some reason, this time felt different. Once you got in, the only thing that needed assistance was his bed. You went up to it and got the bedsheets off the bed. However, you noticed something, a book. Without thinking, you picked it up and started to read it. It was his journal. You flipped through the pages to find anything interesting, and you did. You eyed your name in one of the enteries.

Today, (y/n) made me a whole thing of cupcakes today. I don't know why she does this, but it makes me happy, even though I don't show it. I don't want her to know how I feel, she probably doesn't even think of me that way....

You couldn't believe what you were reading, he liked you and thinks you didn't like him back? Just then, the door creaked open. You turned slowly to see Cloud, still holding the door handle, with a confused look. His eyes left yours and saw the diary. You heard his breath hitch. You both stood in silence for a minute before you began, "You.... actually..." you were still shocked by what you read. He didn't reply.

"If you don't want to be near me anymore, I understand.." he whispered.

"Are you blind?" you asked. Cloud looked up at you, even more puzzled. "You wonder why I do all those things for you? It's because...." you look down at the floor, feeling your face heat up, "Because I like you too.." Silence overtook the room. After what feels like an eternity, you hear Cloud walk up to you. You see his hand grip your chin and forced you took up at him, his cheeks tinted with pink that made you squeal inside.

"I thought you were the one that didn't think of me that way," you managed to say.

"How could I not?" he asked sweetly and before you knew it, his lips were on yours. His lips were soft and tasted like the tequila he always drank. It felt like heaven.

But little did you realize that Tifa, Marlene, and Denzel were poking their heads in the door and giggling quietly.

END.