Noctis Lucis Caelum x OC- It's Okay

Dedicated to Twilight_justice

Amaya's magenta-coloured orbs gazed down at the city behind the clear glass. It was so pretty at night. All the lights, the stars, the people down on the streets enjoying their nights out. Sadness flashed across the girl's eyes as she began to notice all the young couples being the majority of those people. It had been so long since she was able to do that with her lover. Ever since the war started, Amaya, Noctis, and their 3 friends had been on the run from Niflheim. Worse of all, they had been pronounced dead to the public. So going out in public wasn't an option. But it wasn't just that. The most dangerous fact was that Amaya was the princess of the last Crystal. And that just made matters worse.

The door opened. Amaya turned to the direction of the sound. It was Noctis. He looked tired, exhausted.

"Hey," Amaya whispered.

"Hey," Noctis whispered back.

"Tired?"

"Yeah."

Amaya turned back to the window, continuing to watch the people below. Noctis walked up to her and joined her in her sight-seeing. Some minutes passed before either spoke up.

"Noct, do you think we'll ever be able to be like that again?"

"Like what?" Noctis asked.

"Like them." Amaya gestured to a couple sitting on a bench, simply talking and laughing. Noctis knew what she meant. Now that it was mentioned, he started to remember all the fond memories that they shared; their first date, sneaking out of the palace to go stargazing, taking walks around the lake. They used to do that all the time, as much as they could. Now... it was all about not getting caught by an enemy who would hurt them or worse if they ever were caught. The prince let out a sigh.

"I don't know. Maybe. After all this is over," he said.

"But what if it doesn't end?" Amaya asked, turning to Noctis. "What if they find us? What if they take you or me or our friends? What if they-"

"Hey," Noctis cut her off, putting his hands on her shoulders. "Listen, don't think that way. Those guys haven't a clue where we are. We're safe here. And until we find a way to fight back, it's going to be okay." The two stared deeply into each other's eyes. Noctis lovingly moved a strand of Amaya's reddish-brown hair away from her face.

Ever so slowly, their faces started to draw closer to each other until their lips met. The kiss was gentle and sweet, a reassuring feeling passing through.

After a long moment, Noctis drew away and pulled Amaya into a tender hug.

"It's okay," he whispered into her ear. A tear slipped through the princess's eye as she smiled and rested her cheek on the young man's shoulder.

You're right. It's okay.

END-(REQUESTS CLOSED!)