Prompto Argentum x Reader- Blind Date

"I can't believe you guys actually talked me into doing this... again," you muttered as your two giggling best friends were pushing you towards a small diner.

"Oh, don't worry, (y/n). Trust me, you are going to love this guy!"

"Totally! You two are going to be a couple in no time!"

"Isn't that what you said the last dozen times?" you asked with dread. Soon, you finally reached the steps of the restaurant, heaved a big sigh, and turned back to look at your friends with a stern look. "Okay. Listen up. If this doesn't work out, you guys have to promise me that you'll stop setting me up."

Your friends simply smiled and nodded.

"We promise!" they stated in unison. You took another long breath and pinched the bridge of your nose in frustration.

"Fine..." With that, you started to walk up the steps.

"Good luck, (y/n)!"

"Remember to smile!"

"Yeah, yeah," you replied passively with a small wave and went into the diner. For the past few months, your friends have been setting you up on blind dates non-stop and it was seriously ticking you off. Not one guy had ever been successful. Some were shy and seemingly antisocial. Others were very egotistical and tried to get lucky on the very first date. Truth be told, all of them were good-looking, but it was the inside you were more concerned about. And apparently your friends didn't quite understand that about you regardless of how many times you told them. You just hoped this guy wouldn't be such a screw-up like everybody else, but you had enough experience to deem that hope almost impossible.

Once inside, you noticed that it was dimly-lit and multiple couples were talking and/or staring lovingly into each other's eyes while slow, jazzy piano music played in the background. Your eyes began to scan around the room and soon, your sight landed on a blonde boy, around your age, waving at you from the other side of the room. With a silent breath, you proceeded towards him.

"Hey, there!" the boy greeted warmly as he stood up from his seat and held his hand out for a shake with a gleaming smile on his face. "You here for a blind date?"

"Yeah. I assume you're my date?" you asked as you shook the blonde's hand. Interestingly, you were finding this guy different than the others already.

"Yep! Name's Prompto. Can I ask yours?" His smile never felt his face. You smiled back.

"(Y/n)," you replied.

"Nice name," Prompto winked. A sudden burst of heat spread about on your face. This was the first time you had blushed from a compliment before.

"T-Thanks. Yours, too," you replied. Suddenly, Prompto rushed over behind you and brought out your seat.

"Please. Have a seat," he offered in a gentlemanly yet goofy manner. You giggled and felt your blush rise a few degrees more.

"Thank you," you replied as you sat down in the chair and let him push you in. You were starting to take a liking to this guy already...

***

About an hour into the date, you couldn't get enough of the guy. He was perfect. He was good-looking, kind, funny, and had a very cheerful personality. Basically everything that you had been looking for all this time.

"So, how did my friends convince you to go on this date?" you asked as you took a bite of your food, which was barely half-eaten from all the talking that was going on.

"They actually just came up to me and asked if I'd be interested in going on a date with their friend," he replied, repeating your action. You could feel embarrassment weigh itself on your shoulders.

"They went up and asked you? Just like that?"

"Yeah. I was a little bit on the fence about it until they showed me a picture of you. I couldn't possibly turn down a such a cute girl," he complimented with a wink again. You had lost count of how many times he had made you blush within the last 60 minutes. You turned away and glanced at the side.

"To be honest, I wasn't going to come tonight," you confessed. You failed to see Prompto's expression drop slightly.

"Oh? Why?" he asked curiously. You let out a sigh and locked eyes.

"My friends have been hooking me up with guys all over the scale. The last few dates were a complete disaster. I was really fed up with everything. I was expecting this one to be no different."

The boy gave you a sympathetic look. To you, it made him look even more handsome.

"That sounds awful. I sure hope this one was different." You chuckled.

"It is."

"Excuse me?" You both turned your heads to the side to see a waitress smiling at you two. "I'm very sorry to bother you, but we're going to be closing right away."

"Okay. Thank you," Prompto said.

-

After gouging down the neglected food and putting on your night coats, you two headed outside.

"Well, I guess we should call it a night," you said, trying not to sound or look disappointed with no success.

"Yeah," Prompto reluctantly agreed. "I hope you enjoyed it, though." You smiled.

"I did. Thank you, Prompto. You were a really big breather for me."

His smile grew wider. You finally noticed that he had been smiling almost the entire night.

"Anything for a beautiful lady." Again with the winking. He sure had charm to him. A brief moment of silence fell before you spoke.

"Uh... You know, I was wondering. Would you like to go out again sometime?" you asked in a hesitant voice. Prompto's smile widened more.

"Of course I would! How about... Ah! How does Friday night sound? Same place, same time?"

"Friday here sounds great!" With that, you two shared a small hug goodnight. He felt so warm and smelled so nice. His touch made your heart tingle. With a sudden burst of courage, you shifted your head from his shoulder and placed a light kiss on his cheek. When you separated, his had a smirk on his lips.

"I could get used to that."

END