Kain Highwind x Reader- Arranged

The situation you were in sucked. Really sucked. Why? You were in love. Not only that, but the man you were in love with was in love with someone else. And if that wasn't enough... The person who had his heart was your very own sister, Rosa. That's why it sucked. Of course, you loved both. You could never hate Rosa for being the target of Kain's affections, love is involuntary. You were just glad that she loved Cecil instead. However, you still found yourself feeling sorry for Kain. A man like him deserved to be happy. ...But in order to achieve that, he needed the woman he loved. Which was not you.

At the moment, you were sitting on a balcony's ledge, looking up at the gorgeous star-filled sky, gazing at the two moons that occupied it. Star gazing was the only thing that could take your mind off of anything, even Kain.

"(y/n)?" You recognized that voice immediately. It was Rosa. "Do I have to tell you over and over again that sitting on an edge is not safe?" she scolded softly as she approached you, holding baby Ceodore in her arms.

"I know, I know. But, I like sitting here and you know I'm not going to fall," you defended as you got off the ledge and onto the balcony's stone floor.

"I'm just concerned for your safety, that's all." Her voice sounded as graceful as a flute. You understood why Kain would change his mind on something if Rosa asked him to... Trying to shove the troubling thought aside, you glanced down at the sleeping infant and gently petted his head with your hand, which made him coo.

"Poor little fellow. He's going to grow up with an overprotective mother," you joked while smiling. Rosa scoffed.

"Not unless he's corrupted by his aunt's recklessness first," she fired back. You chuckled lightly.

"May I, Sister?" you asked, holding your arms out, implying that you wanted to hold your nephew. Rosa smiled and gladly gave you her son. He was so light and tiny. Not to mention adorable!

"I came here to tell you that Cecil and I are holding a banquet in the next few days," the blonde explained.

"Oh?" you uttered, gingerly rocking the baby, clearly not interested with what your sister was saying. You were so focused on Ceodore that you didn't notice Rosa's sly smile. What she said next made you almost drop him.

"And I have arranged Kain to be your personal escort." You stared at her with wide eyes, standing completely still, which made Ceodore squirm.

"You did what?" you asked in a stern tone.

"Don't worry. I did not force him. I asked him and he agreed," Rosa explained. You opened your mouth to say something, but halted right after you realized what she said.

"Kain... agreed?" you asked, trying to make sure that what you heard was real. Rosa shook her head yes. She knew of your feelings towards Kain, and of course she was completely oblivious of his towards herself. Ironic, isn't it?

-

The day had come for the banquet to immerse. Rosa had talked you into wearing a dress that was far too tight for your liking. The only few things good about it was the nice red colour and that it showed off your curves very smoothly... at the cost of your ability to breath. However, that issue didn't overpower your extreme nervousness. You could barely fathom that you were actually going to be dancing with the tall and handsome Kain Highwind himself! You just wished that he wouldn't be staring at your sister while you were with him...

Knock! Knock! Knock!

You gasped as the sounds from the door reached your ears. You looked yourself over one last time just to make sure nothing was out of place. And knowing that it was pointless trying to take a breath to calm yourself down, you headed straight for the door. Upon opening it, your face was beet-red in an instant. There stood Kain, his beautiful face and hair were without his mask, which he wore most of the time, and he was clad in a royal suit that seductively complimented his robust physique.

"Good evening, (y/n)," the man said, his voice sending chills up your spine. You smiled shyly at him.

"Good evening to you as well," you said in a rather raspy voice.

Honestly, why did Sister make me wear this dress?

Unexpectedly, Kain took your hand and brought it up to his face, planting a gentle kiss on your flesh. You literally fought the urge to faint.

"You look lovely," he stated as his lips parted from your hand. If it was even possible, your blush grew darker.

"I'm flattered. You're very stunning yourself," you replied. At that compliment, the man gave you the tiniest smile.

"Thank you. Now," Kain brought his folded arm up for you to take a hold of, "Shall we?"

You held onto his bicep and, again, fighting the urge to pass out as you felt just how large and firm his muscles were.

"We shall."

END