Rude x Reader-Complicated(Part 1)

Hot tears streamed down your face and onto the damp pillow that was squished under it. You still couldn't believe it. Being Rufus Shinra's younger sister, you got everything you've ever wanted. You were what other people would call, "a spoiled brat". Although, you weren't the bossy type, you would ask politely for things and give things to people less fortunate than you. But, that was besides the point; Rude, the man whom you've been hopelessly in love with for many years, rejected you. This was probably the hardest thing you've faced in your so-called perfect life.

*Flashback*

You peaked through the door of the Turk headquarters of the Shinra building. There he was, Rude, reading through some files for his next mission. He had the same stoic, stern frown behind his dark shades as always. You smiled. He looked so handsome when he tried to be serious. Looking through the ajar door, you saw that no one was in the room except Rude. You turned around to lean against the wall slightly. Taking a deep breath, you gained your confidence. You opened the door, at which it made a loud creak. Rude looked up from his papers and his face was towards you. Even though you couldn't see his eyes, you felt his gaze on you. the feeling of it made your heartbeat rise.

"Hello, Rude. How are you today," you said kindly, with a huge smile plastered on your face.

"Hello, Miss. I'm doing fine," he said replied formally as he turned to his papers again. You sighed.

"Rude, how many times have I told you, my name is not "Miss", it's (y/n)." 

"It's for respect, Miss (y/n)."

 You chuckled.

"That would work I guess." After a moment of silence, you spoke up.

"What are you reading?"

"....Something I have to investigate tomorrow..." he said, reading as he did so. You kind of felt down a little. His lack of eye contact and overall attention were starting to make you feel...uneasy, nervous. Your heart started to rise yet again as you prepared yourself, clearing your throat.

"Um, Rude, can I talk to you about something?" you said nervously, fiddling with your fingers behind your back. Rude turned slightly to face you sideways, studying you for a few moments, then closed his file, and turned his tall, well-built figure fully to face you, giving you full attention. 

"Yes, Miss (y/n)?" 

Your breathing was uneven at this point and you could feel your heart pounding against the bones of your ribcage, not to mention moist, hot sweat forming at the top of your forehead. You looked down onto the floor and on your colourful, expensive shoes.

"Well..... I....just came to....ummm.... say something." 

Rude raised an eyebrow in confusion and suspicion,

"Yes?" 

"I....Kind of .... like you......really like you," you confessed.

Silence. 

More silence.

Even more silence.

You slowly looked up to the man in front of you. His frown was gone, his brows raised up, as high as you had ever seen them. His jaw tightened as he gulped. You both looked at each other for some seconds before he spoke.

"Um......I really don't know what to say........" It was obvious that he was telling the complete truth, he was totally lost for words. "I'm..... really....sorry...."

Then it hit you. Like a lightning bolt. Your eyes grew hot, you knew tears were coming. You looked down again, in order for him to not see them fall.

"You don't....." you couldn't even say it.

"......Yeah......"

"........I understand....." you lied, turning on your heels and walking out the door. As soon as you were in the hall, you ran home as fast as you could so no one could hear or see you cry.

*End* 

You felt completely stupid. How could you have been so blind? Everything that he did for you like holding the door open for you, calling you "Miss", kissing your hand...It was all because you were his boss's sister and he had to show you respect. All this time, you were getting all swooned up about things that were merely rules, customs. 

You had calmed down a bit, the residue of tears were stuck the front and side of your face, which was still rosy and puffy. You had no motivation at all, your brain sore for swirling thoughts. And to think of how you were ever going to face him again, your chance of getting close to Rude in any way at all was now gone, done, destroyed, like a fly being hit with a swatter, that's what it felt like. 

There was a knock at the door.

"....Yes?" 

"Pizza delivery," the person behind the door said. You narrowed your eyes and raised a brow. You never ordered pizza...  

"Sorry, but I think you have the wrong address," you replied, getting up and walking sluggishly to the door. 

"Well, is this 7954 LOVELESS avenue?" 

"Yes." 

"Well, this is the address that it's been ordered to."

You were getting even more confused and curious. Turning to the small mirror beside the door, you quickly straightened your face into normal mode. Once remotely satisfied by your masked expression, you unlocked the door and opened it.

"Okay, well since it's-" you were cut off by an impact to your face. You yelled in pain and shock as you landed on the floor. Looking up quickly to see the perpetrator, you got shot by tranquillizers before even getting the chance. In your distorted state, you could only make out bits and pieces of a conversation.

"That's her."

"Will he pay?"

"Probably millions."

"If he doesn't?"

"Kill her."

This was a kidnapping. You were being kidnapped. Before blackened silence engulfed you, you could only say a pleading whisper that wasn't heard.

"No...."

(Continued in Part 2)