Genesis x OC- Bad Day

Midnight was having one of those days, a bad day. A day where absolutely nothing was going right for her. Everything seemed to annoy her. Even her friends...

"Somebody is sure grumpy today," one of them said. 

"Shut up," Midnight snapped, pulling a strand of silky, dark blue hair out of her face as she tried to focus on the book in front of her. 

"Sheesh. I know you're usually cold, but never this cold. What's wrong?" 

"Come on, Midnight. You can tell us."

"Is it about-?" 

At that, the blue-eyed girl had enough and slammed her book closed, enough for the sound to echo through the whole library. 

"I'm leaving," she said bluntly, her head throbbing with a slight ache.

~

Stress was still tense inside the girl's mind as she made her way to the 1st Class SOLDIER's living quarters. She had had enough of everything today; her job, her friends, her surroundings, even her very own self. A very painful headache kept on pounding inside her head. It hadn't gone away for a minute that day, which made her even more irritable to anything and everything. There was only one solution to this problem. 

Knock! Knock!

"Come in."

Midnight's migraine actually started to ease a little at the sound of that heavenly smooth voice. She did as told and opened the door, poking her head out from the small space into the room. There, she saw Genesis; probably the most handsome man Midnight had ever laid eyes on. His creamy skin, his soft brown locks, his Mako-coloured eyes, his tall, well-built body... everything about him was perfect. But, the one thing that stood out the most was his generous, kind, heroic personality. The man's eyes shifted from his favourite poem to Midnight's. He smiled lightly, which made him all the more beautiful in that moment.

"Hello, Midnight," he said. His voice sounded as smooth as a lullaby and as sweet as honey. At this point, the girl's headache was practically gone as she smiled and went into the room, closing the door behind her. 

"Hey, Gen," she said kindly. The attitude she was giving Genesis was the bipolar opposite of what she gave her friends, and co-workers all day. 

"And how are you doing this evening?" The SOLDIER closed his book shut and set it gently on the small table beside him.

"In all honesty, not that good." Midnight was honest, but didn't like what she was being honest about. She just craved for a release after everything that happened throughout the day. Genesis raised a brow in curiosity, scooted over a bit, and patted the seat next to him on the sofa. Midnight fought back a small blush as she walked over to the couch and sat down beside the man. 

"What is bothering you?" Genesis asked, his voice a mere gentle whisper. The blush Midnight was holding back exploded on her cheeks without her approval. She sighed in defeat and began to let everything out.

***

"I see..." Genesis said after hearing what the girl had to say about her not-so-great-day. 

"Crazy, isn't it?" Midnight asked, embarrassed by what she had just revealed. 

"Well, I've heard crazier stories about one's day. Just take Sephiroth for example," the man joked. Midnight laughed at that. 

"True. But... it's just been so stressful. Especially when your friends are bugging you."

"Do you feel any better after letting all that out?"

"Yes. Much better." Genesis was so easy to talk to. He was such a good listener and gave all his attention to whomever was talking to him. That's why Midnight would always go to him after a stressful day, such as this one. And because of that, she had developed a crush on him. However, she was determined to never reveal that secret. "Thank you, Gen. I really appreciate you listening to everything."

"It's the least I can do." He winked after that last comment. The girl's blush returned and she looked away in order to hide it. Just when she turned to other way, towards the window, she saw that it was dark outside.

"Oh, shoot! I've been here for hours! I'm so sorry, I should get going-" Midnight started to exclaim before she was cut off by a gloved hand grabbing her wrist. She looked over to Genesis who was smiling at her.

"It's fine. Why don't you stay the night? It's not safe for a beautiful young lady such as yourself to be wandering the streets alone." 

Midnight's heart thumped harshly inside her chest as she processed the SOLDIER's words. 

"But-" she tried to protest, but was again cut off... but this time, it was by a pair of lips sealing her own. After not even a second, Genesis pulled back and smirked.

"I insist."

END